Weight watchers 26 points working out to 900 cals here

Options
Hello,
I have just begun Weight watchers in the uk and I'm on 26 pro points. I eat every last point and I also put everything here too but I'm concerned as it nearly always comes up to 800-900 calories, never over a 1000. Yet I'm using all 26 points, sometimes I've eaten quite fattening foods in one day and yet still don't reach over 1000.

I include everything from vegetables to a cup of tea, everything is recorded on MFP

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance
Jenna :)

Replies

• CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers points are designed so that you get more calories when you choose foods high in fiber and low in fat. Foods high in fat and low in fiber will give you less calories per point.

For example a fatty steak that was 200 calories would be about 7 points. A bowl of oatmeal that was 200 calories would be about 3 points.

So, to get more calories, eat foods higher in fiber and lower in fats.

Hope that is helpful.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Are you logging your fruits and vegetables here? They are "free" at WW but they all have calories that should be logged here, especially the fruits.
  • Mustangsally33
    Options
    I was going to say that too ! Eat more "power foods " and you will feel fuller and have more calories ! If you are low for a day too , use some of your workout points so that you are at 1200 , thats what they are there for ! I have had success with 27 points and they work out to around 1200 and I use LOTS of power foods :) Good Luck
  • njgirl50
    njgirl50 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Are you eating a lot of fruit and vegetables? I haven't done weight watchers in awhile, but I know they used to be zero points because of the nutritional value. If you eat a lot of them, that could also add up, but as my leader used to say she never heard of anyone getting fat from eating too many vegetables.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I found I can eat a lot more here than I could on 29PPs on WW, even when I counted vegetables (I don't eat fruit)
  • julesdeere
    julesdeere Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said... also, WW builds in the weekly/flex points and MFP does not. That might make a difference.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    26 points equals about 1200 calories if you include the free veggies and fruit.

I lost all my weight on 29 points, which was the lowest amount you could go before they changed it to 26 in December 2011.

That comes out to about 1400 calories.

Also, I ate most of my 49 weekly points as well (2000 calories thereabouts).
  • sunnysmile
    sunnysmile Posts: 1,192
    Options
    This is an interesting thread. I have not tried to calculate WW points to calories because I do know that points are a weighted calculation between fat, fiber, carbs and protein ... with lower points coming from higher fiber / protein foods, I think. I have been happy with the plan so far and am down 60 pounds on it. I love this site too and especially enjoy the social aspect here which has the online site of WW beat by miles. I do know that free fruit and veggies do have calories, so that no matter the point level you are equating you likely have to add some for that since a banana might be 100 calories just alone. My husband and I really love the free fruit and veggie aspect. It has incentized us to eat more of those as opposed to a 1 point fruit versus a 1 point something else. Ultimately, no matter what you use if you write down what you eat then you have a great paper trail of what works and what doesn't for you.

Best!
    Sunny
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I agree with others in that: (a) make sure you are logging your fruits and veggies; things that are "free" on WW are not "free" on MFP and you may be eating more calories than you think; (b) make sure that you are using your flex points which should give you an average of 5-6 more points per day (I know it used to be 35, is it 42 on PointsPlus?), they're meant to be used so your 26 WW points daily allowance should really work out to be 31-32 points daily, and (c) if you focus on higher quality foods - lean proteins, whole grains high in fiber, fruits and veggies - you'll get more calorie bang for your point buck. I personally disagree with the "fat is bad" mentality of WW (higher point values for higher fat foods) - bad fats are bad, good fats are good, it's not a one-size-fits-all equation when it comes to fats - but that's why I'm now on MFP and I gave up on WW awhile ago :happy: .
  • april1445
    Options
    Hello,
    I have just begun Weight watchers in the uk and I'm on 26 pro points. I eat every last point and I also put everything here too but I'm concerned as it nearly always comes up to 800-900 calories, never over a 1000. Yet I'm using all 26 points, sometimes I've eaten quite fattening foods in one day and yet still don't reach over 1000.

I include everything from vegetables to a cup of tea, everything is recorded on MFP

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you in advance
    Jenna :)
  • april1445
    Options
    I found I was STARVING on weight watchers, and yes, the new points plan averages out to about 30 calories a point. The old one was 50 calories a point, which was, frankly, easier to calculate (24 pts=1200 cals). Anyway, i think they're trying to allow for lots of fruit. I think it's too low--I know it's too low for me.
  • sunnysmile
    sunnysmile Posts: 1,192
    Options
    I agree with others in that: (a) make sure you are logging your fruits and veggies; things that are "free" on WW are not "free" on MFP and you may be eating more calories than you think; (b) make sure that you are using your flex points which should give you an average of 5-6 more points per day (I know it used to be 35, is it 42 on PointsPlus?), they're meant to be used so your 26 WW points daily allowance should really work out to be 31-32 points daily, and (c) if you focus on higher quality foods - lean proteins, whole grains high in fiber, fruits and veggies - you'll get more calorie bang for your point buck. I personally disagree with the "fat is bad" mentality of WW (higher point values for higher fat foods) - bad fats are bad, good fats are good, it's not a one-size-fits-all equation when it comes to fats - but that's why I'm now on MFP and I gave up on WW awhile ago :happy: .

On the points plus plan there are an extra 49 points a week in addition to the prescribed weekly points. I think they have added in a certain amount of points daily for fruits and veggies because they say that has been "prepaid" so to speak in your day. If you are not a fruit eater then you likely need to add a few points of something else in to your day. For me it has been a good plan. Am down nearly 60 pounds on the points plus plan and now choose fruits and veggies over other options more often, and my body seems to like that. But it varies person to person.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    26 points at 40 calories per point comes out to 1040. Add another 200 to 300 for free fruit and veggies and that's roughly 1240 to 1340.

I lost all my weight on 29 points before they changed it to 26. This came out to about 1500 calories per day.

Also, don't forget the 49 weekly points you can eat as well.

WW is in no way a low calorie diet.