TYPE 2 No more

Options
13»

Replies

• nornas42
    nornas42 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    SO impressive! Good for you -- let us know how the A1C comes out... we're cheering you on! You've come this far I'm sure you can kick it out the door. What a huge success!
  • ssmaling
    ssmaling Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Way to go!!
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    Awesome!

Keep up the great work! You're quite the inspiration!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Hey, that's GREAT news!! There are so many self-inflicted complications that you are avoiding.
    CONGRATS!
  • walleyebob977
    walleyebob977 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone It feels great to hear it.
  • candace177
    Options
    Walleyebob977,
    I'm extremely extremely happy for you. Trust me I know how it feels. I used to relied heavily on diet pills ( I'm extremely embarrassed to say this). I chose the easy way out, never thought that exercise and healthy eating habits would fix my weight problems. Until I reached one point when I knew it was just wrong, and i joined MFP. Since then I lost weight steadily and never have to use or even just consider that pill as a quick fix :)
    Keep trying hard everyday. You are doing great!
    Peace out :)
  • walleyebob977
    Options
    Walleyebob977,
    I'm extremely extremely happy for you. Trust me I know how it feels. I used to relied heavily on diet pills ( I'm extremely embarrassed to say this). I chose the easy way out, never thought that exercise and healthy eating habits would fix my weight problems. Until I reached one point when I knew it was just wrong, and i joined MFP. Since then I lost weight steadily and never have to use or even just consider that pill as a quick fix :)
    Keep trying hard everyday. You are doing great!
    Peace out :)
    Glad things are working out for you to. One day at a time and great things can happen. Thanks
  • Lsadlier77
    Lsadlier77 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Well Done, that's amazing!
  • Dragon67
    Dragon67 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Congrats !!!!! WELL DONE !!!! :smile:
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    What a great accomplishment. I'm hoping that some day I can also drop my last metformin pill. I'm glad I've gone from 2- 500 mg. a day to one...but the goal is zero! Good luck on the next A1c.
  • Edgar7878
    Edgar7878 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow way to go. I on my way down in weight. And I am going to get my sugar under control !!! Thank You for posting !
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    So excited for you walleyebob! It's an amazing accomplishment!! Type 2 runs in my family and I was scared I was heading right into it. It's one of the things that motivated me to get healthy. Changing your body in such a dramatic way is so inspiring. Thanks for sharing!
  • happyheathen927
    happyheathen927 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    So excited for you! My goal is to get off the metformin. My bG has dropped dramatically in the last 2 months (yay, CrossFit!!) but I've got a long way to go yet. Hearing y'all's stories is great motivation!
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    That wonderful! I was diagnosed a few months ago & have been in denial, thinking I can beat this on my own. I don't remember my exact numbers, but they are just above borderline, so I'm hoping it's not too late. No meds yet & I plan on keeping that way. I have a lot of family history & 2 past gestational diabetes. But I feel if I lose weight & get healthy & still have it, then I know I've done what I can control & the rest is out of my control and I'll just have to live w/it - hopefully w/o meds.
  • wildecat1
    wildecat1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! One big reason I'm on MFP is because my dad's side of the family all became Type 2 once they hit their 50s (all overweight) and I'm getting close to that age and don't want it to happen to me. I'm making slow but steady progress and stories like yours are my inspiration. Congratulations! :smile:
  • LizardDav
    Options
    Thanks for posting this!! I was diagnosed with Type 2 at the end of December 2012, on metformin twice a day. Dietician told me about this site on Feb 4, started logging in on Feb 5 and so far have lost 14 pounds, and morning blood sugar checks have been from 85 to 107. I have a family history of diabetes and the fact that I've spent 25 years behind a desk has not helped, but that is all changing. Will be starting the Spartacus Workout when dvds arrive end of this week and have already started eating a healthier diet. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!
  • walleyebob977
    Options
    Thanks again everyone it's a battle everyday as many of you know. I wish the best of luck to all of you that fight diabetes. Keep up the fight. When it comes to eating right and working out there isn't "I'll start tomorrow," tomorrow could be a disease the time is now.
  • walleyebob977
    Options
    I just feel like bumping this so others know it can be done.
  • walleyebob977
    Options
    bump
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Great job, you are what I am hoping for. I have a similar story and I'm off actos. and if I play my cards right I'm on track to kick Metformin out all together hopefully this summer.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!