Replies

• TooLeftFeet
    TooLeftFeet Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yes. In fact, I try to make sure I have a small allowance leftover for that
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    yes, I had exercise calories still available to eat and hadn't hit my protien, so I just grabbed a portion of chicken. Freakin hungry.
  • renitawalker9
    Options
    yup. I just had dinner. I don't know that there is much merit to the don't eat after a certain time rule.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Just did...
  • zebrawatch
    Options
    Damn right! I couldn't imagine not being able to eat after 7pm, I haven't even usually had my tea by that time anyway! I think the whole idea of eating after a certain time being bad for you is a slight myth tbh. It's probably just a good idea to avoid anything too heavy and hour or so before bed.
  • madrose0715
    Options
    I *try* to eat my dinner by 6 pm latest, and no heavy eating after 7pm. I only joined MFP last week - although I have lost 50 pounds thus far mainly through exercise and other lifestyle changes. The tracking and calorie deficit is a new change for me and I have noticed I have a rumbly tummy every night..tonight I finally broke down and ate something. Last night, I woke up around 2 am and my stomach was growling.
  • Nauti_Buoy
    Options
    That usually when I'll add in a protein shake. The protein keeps the hunger off and gives my body something to absorb when I head off to bed which is when the body does most of it repairing!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Yes, protein shake is good. Or if I don't have any calories left, a cup of decaf usually does the trick.
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    it doesnt matter when u eat at all as long as u are in ur calorie range-

Calories in verses out. Pretty simple.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Calories can't tell time. (Cannot take credit for that one, but I cannot remember where I saw it.)
    Besides, why torture yourself? I cannot stick to any plan that makes me suffer.
    Good luck on your journey.
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    YES.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Yup - even if I have no calories left. I just make sure it's healthy and is going to stop those pangs. Protein sources are the best for that. Add in a little fiber as well. No fat plain greek yogurt with a little (1 tsp) maple syrup and a handful of granola. Hard boiled egg with whole wheat toast or crackers. Naural peanut butter crackers.
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    Heck yeah! Usually a protein shake or a tablespoon of nut butter.
  • madrose0715
    Options
    Yup - even if I have no calories left. I just make sure it's healthy and is going to stop those pangs. Protein sources are the best for that. Add in a little fiber as well. No fat plain greek yogurt with a little (1 tsp) maple syrup and a handful of granola. Hard boiled egg with whole wheat toast or crackers. Naural peanut butter crackers.

Like those suggestions! Thanks!
  • vkw1
    vkw1 Posts: 88
    Options
    not always, I have a water and then maybe a piece of fruit.If my tummy is growling it makes me think the weightloss is working!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    yea because I eat dinner between 9-10 pm... I get out of work at 9 pm
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat dinner before 7pm... but yes if I am hungry and I have calories I eat.
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I am a bit of a night owl and the family likes dinner at 5:30 so it would be a long night without a snack. I always save between 150-400 cals for a night time snack. My favorite is yogurt with dry cereal sprinkled on top, and some chopped fruit if I have enough cals left for it. If that isn't enough then I have a decaf tea too.
  • jtannehill75
    Options
    I eat a quest bar religiously every night right before bed.. good protein and fiber!! Since doing this.. (probably not only this..), I have lost 20 more pounds since I hit my goal weight in August..

Others are correct in saying.. doesn't matter when you eat.. just get the calories in sometime during the day.. :)
  • kariannmbc
    Options
    I eat more. I'll usually do something low-calorie (unless I have a bunch of calories left) like fresh raw vegges with a cheese stick.