What's your favorite kitchen gadget?

Options

Replies

• triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Gasp! I could no more pick a favorite child... Ok really its my stand mixer currently. Oh and the baby is my favorite currently sometimes the 4 yr old but never the teenagers. Grumpy creatures they are.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    My Food Scale!

Got one for xmas, and I don't know how in the world I ever got by w/o it!
  • Haylz_ish
    Options
    My mum bought me a digital food scale a few years ago and it was collecting dust.. now I use it every single day and I LOVE it. I should name him.
  • Acaricia1
    Options
    My Vitamix... love it
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    food scale
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I love kitchen gadgets. My favorite is always whatever I bought most recently.... most recent purchase was a cast iron skillet....love it! My stick blender is a favorite too. And my ninjas....and. and. And.....lol
  • The1iceQueen
    Options
    My Ninja blender/food processor. Love making my own almond and hazelnut butter :)
  • wildehare
    wildehare Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The Sous Vide I got for christmas! It makes even normally tough but really lean meat like eye of round roast REALLLY tender-like a good expensive steak without the fat. Chicken breasts come out great too-really moist and tender. If I wasn't trying to lose weight I would have this thing loaded and cooking all the time.....:happy:
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Aside from my Keurig coffee maker (which they will have to pry from my cold, dead hands...I love this nifty spiral slicer I bought. It turns veggies like zucchini into these long curly pasta-like strands. I toss them in a skillet with some olive oil cooking spray and seasoning, sautee it up and use it instead of pasta. Very cool!
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    The can opener? :indifferent: I hardly ever use my kitchen, but when I do, that's normally what I need. I don't have any gadgets in my kitchen.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    My KitchenAid
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    My meat grinder.
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    My Food Scale!

would have to agree :)
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    The kettle ;) being a coffee addict, tho that has to change now but that was my fav, item next to the fridge
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZd-WLmGWpKHcqum7O6B889B9n5NET37I0JxpDPTm55f3Nzz4y
    this baby right here.
    The Kitchen Aid mixer used to be my favorite, but now that I'm watching my weight I've steered away from baking and don't use it.

Current favorite kitchen gadgets:

EatSmart Precision Elite Kitchen Scale
    Braun Immersion Blender
    Microwave oven (I remember when my best friend's family was among the first in our neighborhood to get one!)
    Electric griddle (great for making big batches of 4" pancakes to freeze for future use)
    Boiled egg slicer (yes, I can slice with a knife, but I really like this thing. Last one broke and I had to get another)

Another thing that I loved until the motor burned out was a Salad Shooter. It was one of those As Seen on TV things that I got for a gift in the 80s. I should see if they still make them. I have a food processor, but it's a hassle to clean the darn thing and it takes up way too much room in the dishwasher.
  • adam211
    Options
    Definitely a close tie, but my food scale followed by the crock pot, that thing's amazing!
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Another vote for my food scale. I weigh EVERYTHING, I use it more than cutlery & crockery.
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My Bosch Mix pro i can make my own bread with it, juice oranges/grapefruits, blend soups, shred veg for coleslaw, mix cakes when i want i could go on forever.
    Also my slow cooker, could'nt live without it for stews, spag bol, stewed fruits etc
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    My scale (use every day) my slow cooker (use at least 4 times a week - uses less fat and turns tough meat into velvet), stick blender (yummy soup).

I have loads of Pampered Chef gadgets too (my oil spritzer got yucky so i threw it) - if I'm not using a slow cooker I'm using stoneware!
  • suepeta
    Options
    "Yonana" mixes frozen banana with any other frozen fruit for the best tasting no dairy soft serve.