How much exercise is TOO much??

Hi All,
I've been working out regularly for exactly a month. I try to get at least an hour of exercise every day. Nothing crazy really.
I am on Level 2 Day 3 of the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred which is a 20 minute workout. I add bits and pieces of Level 1 so that it comes out to about 30 min. Besides that, (weather permitting since I live in South Florida) my husband and I started walking 2 miles a day and have gone increasing it to 3 and this week we've been doing 4 with itty bitty bits of jogging. We're looking to start the Couch25K in the next couple of weeks. I have heard that we should take a day off of exercising which is understandable when you're doing strenuous exercises but while we at times walk fast, sometimes it's a leisurely stroll so it's nothing that I feel we need to take a break from. I guess part of me is worried that if we take a single day off we'll go back to our old routine of being lazy!! Do you think this sounds fine or what? Suggestions welcomed! Thanks!!

Oh and I should add that if I cannot go on my daily walks, I do some jump roping, and go up & down the stairs at home for about 15-20 minutes.

Replies

• BGM325
    BGM325 Posts: 78
    Anyone out there??
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    You're not exercising too much.
  • That doesn't sound bad to me, but I'm no expert. I would just listen to your body and take breaks if your body says you need it. But I hear ya, I hate take taking days off.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Squats 3x a week did my patellar tendons in...tendonitis in both knees after 3 weeks...

#gettingoldsucks
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    You're not exercising too much. Given your fitness level, you could count the walks as "active rest," which is exercise that burns a good bit of calories but doesn't put added stress on the body. I like to take long walks on rest days. I count the calories but don't treat it like I would strenuous exercise, so these days still count as rest days.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    You're doing just fine. Keep up the good work.