I don't know what to do.

Options
Last week was the worst week of my life thus far, I'm not going in to details but I am feeling really emotionally worn out. Since friday I've been to the gym twice and a far bit of walking, but today I just feel sooo tired. I normally go to the gym 5x a week, last week i think i did 4 and i haven't been so far this week. I can probably keep within my calorie goal for today but I dont want to lose track of progress im making, i intended to go today, i really did, but I just cant bring myself to do it.

Should I force myself or just take it easy for the time being? any suggestions?
I need some help :(

Replies

• sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    for me personally if I allow myself excuses it always grows to more and I will do less and less. BUT if I push myself and make myself workout when I dont feel like it, I am always SO GLAD I DID!! I always feel much better. Just look at it as a stress reliever!
    Good luck and hope things get better for you!
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    I think maybe you need some new motivation. Try a new exercise? Maybe go swimming or for a bike ride...something different that will get you working out again. Perhaps you're just stuck in a rut.

I know that when I take more than a day off from working out, I lose my motivation. Force yourself to work out and you'll feel better.

Think ahead, where do you want to be this time next year and how are you going to make sure it happens??

:bigsmile:
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Honey, I felt like that last night. And you know what? You've gotta figure out what's causing the issue. You know what I did? I went and I walked. A nice moderate pace, and I thought. No music, no tv. Just my thoughts. About what you can do to make the situation better, and how it shouldn't change your entire life and goals you've set for yourself. The bottom line is, not excersizing isn't going to make anything better. It may even help a bit. Find someone u can trust, and talk to them. I know I'm available if you need to chat sometime. Just getting it off ur chest can be half the battle. Don't give up. Find the strength deep inside, and go for it. You may even feel better in the long run! Good luck, and God bless, ya honey!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    If you are physically and mentally exhausted, you might be better off to wait a day or two. But I would try to go if I could.. just do what you can. If you really don't feel up to it maybe taking a walk will help you since it's not too hard on you but it's still working out.

Sorry you're having a rough time, but things will get better! Just make sure to take care of yourself in the meantime!
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Life happens, and sometimes it throws us curve balls and we swing and miss... I don't know what is going on in your life, but maybe your body just needs time to mellow out. Go for a walk just to keep some exercise up... If you don't feel like going to the gym maybe that is sign that your body just needs a break. And if you don't snap out of it in the next few days then make yourself go. Stress is very taxing on the body...so it's okay to rest!

Life is a constant stuggle and sometimes we just have to take a step back breathe and then go on...
  • roadchic18
    roadchic18 Posts: 128
    Options
    I agree with SammyLynn10. Stress is very taxing on the body. You need to be good to yourself, pace yourself and you'll get there again. Maybe try some kind of exercise for just 10 minutes, and maybe after that 10 minutes you may feel like sticking around for another 20. Sometimes when I can't bring myself to do a serious workout, I will take my dogs for a long walk instead. It soothes my mind and body. Take care.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I'm the same as diamonangel. If I don't go, I just pity party. So just go and you may find you feel better and may KEEP going!!!
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to agree with those who say take some time for yourself, go for a walk...maybe a swim? Something nice and relaxing where you're moving but not really making an effort to move. It will lift your spirits!
  • jenjaw
    jenjaw Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone,
    I'm going to go to the gym with my mum, just a light workout to keep me in the habit, better than nothing :)
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I think maybe you need some new motivation. Try a new exercise? Maybe go swimming or for a bike ride...something different that will get you working out again. Perhaps you're just stuck in a rut.

I know that when I take more than a day off from working out, I lose my motivation. Force yourself to work out and you'll feel better.

Think ahead, where do you want to be this time next year and how are you going to make sure it happens??

:bigsmile:

great advice!

When life gets hard,getting in a good workout always makes me feel better!