30 day shred results

Options

Replies

• Heatherdawnxoxo
    Heatherdawnxoxo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    awesome work!
    i'm heading into day 9 tomorrow! almost ready to bust into level 2!

ps - i love your hair! =)
  • emmajayneduff
    emmajayneduff Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow, yes I can totally see the difference, especially round your middle!!

I start Day 10/Level 2 tomorrow!

xx
  • debbielh412
    debbielh412 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You all are AMAZING motivators! Thank you so much for all the kind words, support, and encouragement! Anyone who is doing 30DS, good luck to you! It only gets easier day by day. :) When I started I couldn't even do a normal push up, by level 3 I was doing them right with the girls. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! :wink:
  • Zoe85
    Zoe85 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi,

To all that do the 30day shred,

Do you all do this workout daily alone or as well as another workout? e.g. Cardio.

I own 3 different workout DVD's of Jillian Micheals including 30day shred but because of the soreness the next day i usually struggle to maintain the workout on a daily basis. I want to complete the 30day shred properly and see some results but i struggle to stick to it because of the sore muscles, does it get easier? :)

Thanks
  • suemullen27
    suemullen27 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am really struggling with 30 day Shred... I just finished day 2 but can only last 15 minutes... This morning I couldnt even get out of bed properly every muscle hurting... I must be so unfit... I am 47 years old just hoping everyone is right and it gets easier :0
  • Jharts77
    Jharts77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great job! I think you've just convinced me to pull out my 30 day shred dvd
  • 73Freckles
    73Freckles Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    great job! i just started and am hoping to have good results too!
  • sphomphak
    sphomphak Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    you look great and awesome dedication :)
  • jimmyalice1984
    jimmyalice1984 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am really struggling with 30 day Shred... I just finished day 2 but can only last 15 minutes... This morning I couldnt even get out of bed properly every muscle hurting... I must be so unfit... I am 47 years old just hoping everyone is right and it gets easier :0

It's the same with any exercise which is challenging for you, when you first do it the soreness is so painful that it can easily put you off doing it, I would leave it for one day and then get back to it, even if you can't keep up with them at first, do what you can do, but don't take the easy option, still challenge yourself a bit. I promise you that soon you will be able to keep up, your age is not a barrier.:flowerforyou:
  • jadelyndsey
    jadelyndsey Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Do you all do this workout daily alone or as well as another workout? e.g. Cardio.

I own 3 different workout DVD's of Jillian Micheals including 30day shred but because of the soreness the next day i usually struggle to maintain the workout on a daily basis. I want to complete the 30day shred properly and see some results but i struggle to stick to it because of the sore muscles, does it get easier? :)

Thanks

Last year when I was trying to lose 20lbs, I alternated the 30DS with powerwalking my dog. I used to just walk about 10 metres to a field, let my dog off for a run, then walk home again but for that 3 months, I spend 1 hour on a Monday, Wednesday and a friday walking her for 45-60 minutes doing about 2.5-3 miles. I then did 30DS on a Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. I also did the "opportunistic exercise" thing that many talk about on here, i.e. taking the stairs instead of the lift, getting off the bus a stop earlier, getting my mam to drop me off further away from the shops etc and I met my target with a healthy varied diet. :) I feel as though the walking helped my general cardio (heart rate was between 140-180 whilst walking) and Jillian improved my muscle tone and strength :) Hope that helped!
  • daterminedfatburnerX
    Options
    great job!! i can see a slight difference. your tummy went down!! :D
  • jellybellykelly
    jellybellykelly Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks

I was sorest the first three days, and then it was pretty much gone!! Of course, I am still only at L1D8, so who knows how sore I will be when I switch to Level 2 and Level 3. But it definitely gets easier... and even more rewarding. I usually just feel relieved to be done after a workout... but after shredding I actually feel proud of myself! Stick with it!!
    Oh and for your other question... I am still working in cardio as many days a week as time allows.
  • Jennifer076
    Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Huge difference. Great job you look great. Keep up the great work!!!!
  • Mexi1Rose2
    Options
    I can see the diffrence. More important, can YOU see and feel the diffrence. I have done 30 day shred in the past, and i noticed it does help to really tone and tighten the body.
    Keep it up!:smile:
  • janetsalley
    janetsalley Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    WOW...good job....keep up the good work!! :smile:
  • amjo2693
    amjo2693 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    There's definitely a difference there! You look great. Keep up the great work!
  • lbowman32
    Options
    If your noticing a lot of soreness I would suggest getting some BCAA's (branch chain amino acids) you can buy them in powders and add to water...come in great flavors. They help aid in the repair of torn muscle fibers and give you added endurance. It helps me a lot since I try to work out 5 days a week! Here is some info. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bcaas-the-many-benefits-of-amino-acids.html
  • Mexi1Rose2
    Options
    The soreness will go away with time. Drink Lots of water! I love feeling sore, (as long as it's a muscle overload sore and not because you injured yourself) It means you pushed yourself and will see a change in your strength and endurance. Keep it up but maybe do a lighter workout today? Tredmill, eliptical, etc and then shred again tomorrow to give your body time to heal.
    Keep it up, you'll get there! :wink:
  • Zoe85
    Zoe85 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info :)

I worked out with her DVD last night for the first time in ages for just 15 minutes because its all i could manage due to how unfit i have gotten and i am extremely sore today! I am determined to beat the soreness and push through it this time.

Im just going to go for it :) as they say, no pain no gain

xx
  • Chrispyne
    Chrispyne Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You rock! That's awesome. I'm just starting today. I got on the scale yesterday and weighed 10 lbs more than I thought. So I need some serious weight loss now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!