Body Fortress Protein shakes

Options
2»

Replies

• makeupmuse10
    Options
    I love the chocolate one most but have tried the chocolate peanut butter one too. I take a scoop of chocolate and add it to ten ounces of coffee and mix in two ounces of milk...tastes soooo much like a mocha drink!! I love it! Drink it almost every morning!!!!
  • LexThaSongbyrd
    LexThaSongbyrd Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Cookies N Cream is AMAZING! I drink it everyday! I use the chocolate and vanilla ones for making protein treats like cookies, pancakes, etc. Peanut Butter Chocolate is good also. Body Fortress is my fav protein!
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    who mixes with water and who does with milk? what is better?

I've done both.. I prefer with milk, but if I'm on the go I'll put a scoop in my blender bottle n just add water when I'm ready for it (or if I'm low on cals n need the protein I'll add water)

better= which ever gets you the protein=which ever you prefer :) try em both!
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I have strawberry now and the taste is pretty good. For some reason, though, it doesn't seem to mix as well as the Chocolate PB one even when I use a blender bottle. I'd like to try the cookies & Cream that everyone talks about, but my Walmart never carries it. Next time I'll buy the Vanilla and mix it with some sugar free cookies & cream jello mix.

I never thought about mixing with jello...does the gelatine change the texture of the shake at all?
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I get the chocolate pb and mix it with plain greek yogurt, 2 T almond butter, water and ice - tastes like a milkshake!!!

I also get the strawberry and mix it with Wymnan's frozen berries, vanilla yogurt, ice and milk.

sometimes I add a 1/2 a banana to them too :)

I love all of the ideas - great job guys!
  • cyberiarob
    cyberiarob Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I usually mix the chocolate one in my Ninja blender with ice and other things - forzen fruits, PB2, bananas, greek yogurt with fruit, etc. Works well, tastes great - but I'm sure any of the mixes on the market would work just as well this way.

Also mix in a blender bottle with water sometimes, mixes and tastes fine IMO.
  • alisons7598
    alisons7598 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have tried them all but the strawberry flavor. I like them all. I usually make it with Almond milk and then I will add some instant coffee ( or regular coffee if there is any left over from the day) and turn it into a frozen "coffee" drink. I drink one nearly every day and it's my favorite way to make it
  • gatsby018
    gatsby018 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I thought strawberry was my favorite until I tried chocolate peanut butter. I make a shake with almond milk. I did not like cookies and cream at all.
  • sagesmom05
    Options
    Check amazon for deals right now they have it 20% off, i just ordered some
  • rubisliprz
    rubisliprz Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    you use the jello sugar free instant pudding mix, not the gelatin flavors.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    who mixes with water and who does with milk? what is better?

Depends on the flavor. Choc/PB has to be mixed with milk, obviously. :wink:
    Strawberry is mixed with water, yogurt, and fruit.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    BUMP.
  • Jason3589
    Options
    Cant get it in the UK
  • Abram86
    Abram86 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Bump

Because you bumped... I have since tried the Cookies n Cream and the Strawberry. I prefer the Cookies n Cream.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    chocolate peanut butter is the best body fortress favor, cookies & cream is the worst IMO

BUT

there are better quality proteins you should be using. this is not a bash on BF or Walmart --- see the reddit study and I think there was a link from bb.com about both the quality of the protein in terms of other stuff in the mix, and also the actual amount of protein vs. the claimed amount.