At 150 ad 5'4, can you still look "fat?"

Options
I've come a long way and I have a LONG way to go. I started at 250 and now I'm in the 190s. I still have my tummy and back fat though. I am an apple shape. While I know everyone is different, would I still have said rolls and such when I hit my goal weight of 150? (I swim and lift weights btw).

Replies

• trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I think it just depends on how you carry your weight, if you have a small/med/large body frame, etc. Everyone looks so different at different weights. I'm a little bit shorter than you and I was pretty heavy looking at 150. I don't think I dropped looking heavy until I was well under 140. I'm small framed and I think that has a lot to do with it.

CONGRATS on your progress so far! You're doing great!
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    At 139 I have a roll. It depends how you are built. I've seen pictures of women my same height and weight that look flawless. I've also had two babies (one being #10) and 2 c-sections, which is another factor in my body shape!
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Hm...I want a bikini body, maybe not this summer, but soon.
  • SJ46
    SJ46 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    It depends on your body fat percentage, lift some weights and get some muscle!
  • calihoya
    calihoya Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I think generally once you hit your initial goal weight you can reassess and see if that weight works for you. Maybe you'll be smaller/larger than you thought and you can adjust from there. I hit my initial goal of 145 (I'm also 5'4") and now I feel like maybe I could lose 10 more. I used to be 135 in college (I'm only 26 now) and so I think I'll try for that. Like others have said, you have to take into consideration your body frame and how you in particular carry your weight.
  • msleanlegs
    msleanlegs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    All you can do is see when you get there. I'm 5'4" and sadly, when I was 150 lbs I still was big. I'm pear shaped and my legs stood out as being so chunky (like tree trunks, lol). When I get back down to that weight again, I plan on buying more flattering clothes to minimize my thick legs. I hope you fare better at 150 than I do!
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You won't know until you try right?Overthinking ruins you, so just go for it and keep kicking *kitten* =^u^=
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    You can weigh less and still have a high body fat percentage - and that is what makes you look fat. To prevent that, reduce your body fat through exercise. Heavy lifting will produce the fastest results, but you can also do body weight exercises or routines that combine strength/cardio (think P90X).
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    yeah I'm 5"4' and 148 and FAT.

it is because I am not doing any excercise so I have a ton of fat instead of a little muscle.
  • mich1902
    mich1902 Posts: 182
    Options
    Well done so far! I'm 5ft 4 and i'm currently 143 pounds. My body fat percentage is around 32% which is high compared to when i was this weight before but the difference being I was exercising, mostly resistance work. Do you know your body fat %roughly? I did mines online so it won't be exact but I believe that figure to be correct as I certainly feel and see it. I'm sure a few pounds lighter the first time around I was at 27%. I'd recommend keeping up with the exercise you are doing. Once you are at a goal you like you can solely concentrate on perhaps working to reduce your body fat and inches rather than weight. I'm starting with a trainer this Sunday and my plan is over time, to drop 10% body fat, but try and keep my lean body mass. I won't be fixated on weight any more as my long term goal is to be able to eat more and generally look leaner, whtever the weight. good luck x
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I'm a little shorter than 5'4 and am at 145. i plan to lose another 10-18 but you can determine if i look fat or no
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I am 5"4 and weigh 194lbs. Wear a size 12. It all depends on what your lean muscle/fat composition is. The scale means nothing if you are dropping pant sizes and losing fat.
  • JenRun1
    JenRun1 Posts: 212
    Options
    Im 5'3", 142 lbs and I look a little heavy but not fat. I think it depends on how you carry your weight. I have a small frame and am pear shapped. Others tell me I look fit, I disagree. I prefer to be around 130ish
  • angijunbug
    Options
    I am only 5'1 and I used to weigh 317 but now am 193 so I know what you're saying. I do weights 3 times a week plus cardio & work out from 75 minutes to 120 minutes a day 5-6 days a week. All I can say is keep lifting to melt away the fat & turn it into muscle! Muscle takes up less room in the body. Try some yoga as well. It's really good for your core! Awesome job on your loss! Keep up the great work! :happy:
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I have a medium frame and a bf% of about 50. My goal is to have a bf% of 18.

I do a split lifting routine (not this week because I'm sick) and I swim on the days I'm not lifting.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    It's all about body fat %. The last time I weighed 102, I looked fat because I had such a high body fat percentage. Who has a muffin top at that weight?!? This girl! Now I have a low body fat % (getting a DEXA scan today so I don't know the exact number yet) and I have no muffin top.
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    It depends on how you carry your weight, body fat percentage, etc. I'm 5'4" and pear shaped. In my profile picture I weigh roughly 149-150 pounds. I don't think anyone would say I look "fat" but I also don't look "skinny".
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 4" and 150 would be very large in my opinon. That being said, body fat is what you should gauge your progress by. If you are 150lbs with a low body fat %, then thats good. If you're 150 with a BF% of the high 20's or 30's then thats bad.
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    yeah I'm 5"4' and 148 and FAT.

it is because I am not doing any excercise so I have a ton of fat instead of a little muscle.

I have to disagree.
  • danibu98
    danibu98 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    150/ 5'4" was my low adult weight. I was running 25-30 miles a week, wore a size 8 and was really happy! I hope to get her back :)

I'm currently 199 and a size 14-16.