At 150 ad 5'4, can you still look "fat?"

Options

Replies

• skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", 130, and 21% body fat. I don't have any "rolls" unless I am sitting down and not minding my posture. I do still have some saggy skin that will likely never recover, but I can live with that.

Shoot for 150 and see where your body fat it at that point. If you feel the need to keep going, go for it.
  • Latte_Lover
    Latte_Lover Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    In my experience and for what I consider fat (at least for myself), I would say yes, you can still look fat. I know I did. I am 5'4 and I believe my BF% at the time was low to mid 30's
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I think you should not be asking anyone if you will look "fat"? Just take it one day at a time. You will know what works for YOU when you get there. Be happy and healthy.
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    yeah I'm 5"4' and 148 and FAT.

it is because I am not doing any excercise so I have a ton of fat instead of a little muscle.

I have to disagree.

with which part? :smile:
  • puppy1002
    puppy1002 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Go to mybodygallery.com you can pick your height and body shape and then pick your goal weight and you can see what others look like at that height and weight with your same body type.
  • SillyFitMe
    SillyFitMe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You can weigh less and still have a high body fat percentage - and that is what makes you look fat. To prevent that, reduce your body fat through exercise. Heavy lifting will produce the fastest results, but you can also do body weight exercises or routines that combine strength/cardio (think P90X).

Absolutely right on the money! Dropping weight doesn't gurantee a bikini body. It just makes you smaller. Eating right and exercise is where you get that beach body. I'm a huge fan of P90X, deliciously huge grilled chicken salads, and oatmeal to achieve that look.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Yes, appearance depends more on bodyfat percent than actual weight. I think most people would still have a high bf% at that height/weight unless they are weight training or were/are athletes.
  • cinciti
    cinciti Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You won't know until you try right?Overthinking ruins you, so just go for it and keep kicking *kitten* =^u^=

PREACH!!!!
  • gpoliver
    gpoliver Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hm...I want a bikini body, maybe not this summer, but soon.

dont we all! I too am 5'4 and about 167 right now. I will be putting on a modified bikini this summer, and by next summer where i am hoping to be 140, i am going for the full bikini! I have had three kids, and have the excess skin "fold" on my belly, that will only go away if i get a tummy tuck. Even with that though, I truly think i will still look good in that bikini... in additon to the cardio, I am weight training, and alreay my body looks somewhat sculpted.... so i am HOPEFUL! BTW CONGRATULATIONS on your HUGE accomplishment, you should be so proud of yourself!
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    My personal opinion? I don't think you should worry about that. You have NO IDEA what you are going to look like, or FEEL like, with another 40lbs down. Stop focusing on the negative and your whole outlook will be different. I'm sure you don't always see the negative, but today, you are ... so snap out of it sister and look how far you've come!!!

AMAZING JOB!!!

And trust me, with the right attitude, even at 190...you can rock a swimsuit girl -- confidence goes a long way and is SEXY!!!
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I have a medium frame and a bf% of about 50. My goal is to have a bf% of 18.

I do a split lifting routine (not this week because I'm sick) and I swim on the days I'm not lifting.

You're doing everything you are supposed to. Just be patient and keep at it.

I would only add one thing about lifting: I've gotten much better results when I lift the heaviest weight I can with good form for 5 sets of 5 reps. My strength keeps building, and my muscles have gotten denser rather than bigger. YMMV, of course, but it's a routine that has worked for many people so I would recommend it instead of Mickey Mouse weights.
  • mb1127
    mb1127 Posts: 36
    Options
    well i'm close to that... 5'4 and 140ish pounds depending. I'm not stick thin but definitely not fat. I think considering youre starting weight 150 is an AMAZING goal .. good luck!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Depends on your build and where your body likes to store fat, but lifting will def increase your chances of looking the way you want regardless of what you weigh.
  • miss_magzy
    miss_magzy Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've come a long way and I have a LONG way to go. I started at 250 and now I'm in the 190s. I still have my tummy and back fat though. I am an apple shape. While I know everyone is different, would I still have said rolls and such when I hit my goal weight of 150? (I swim and lift weights btw).

I am 52 3/4 and when I was in 190's I looked way different then I do now.. Dont worry you are fabulous and will be even more so at 150!
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    i'm 5'3 and when i used to weigh 140 -150 lbs i had a pudgy belly it was just easier to suck it in, my doctor told me back then that the ideal weight for my height was 125lbs, but i was most comfortable at a size 12 and thats what i'm aiming for.
  • cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your body type honestly. I don't think I look fat. I'm 5'1" and I weigh 153 lbs. I have a curvy body, in the true sense of what curvy means so my weight is dispersed well. I have come to accept my body type. I will never look like a model, I know. My goal is to look like a pro woman soccer player lol. That is how I picture myself when I hit my goal. :)
  • panano
    panano Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I honestly think you'd have to wait and see what you think when you do reach 150. It's a good goal, especially for coming as far as you have! Congratulations on your progress, that's truly amazing! Just keep going until 150, see what you think! If you're happy, stay, if there's more to be desired, keep going :) I've seen girls at that height that look very healthy at the range of 140-130...it really depends on the person!
  • fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 150lbs. I don't think I look fat: my measurements are 40-29-40. It really depends on where you carry your weight. Everyone is different. :)
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    This is probably repetitive, but you are doing what are you supposed to do. You will look leaner when you get to your goal weight as long as you continue on the same path. I am 5'4 and am in the 150's and people are surprised when I tell them I'm overweight. I have an apple shape (bigger up top, leaner legs and small butt) so that may have something to do with it. Congrats on your weight loss thus far and keep up the good work!!
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and 147lbs and struggling with exactly the same thing. I have come a long way from 170lbs that I was before but sometimes I still feel like I look fat (I haven't reached my goal weight yet).
    I still am carrying fat on my stomach and although it isn't a lot, it is still there. However, this could be because I need to start toning up. However, my frame is small now and my legs look great, it's purely the stomach area which still needs work which is what a lot of women struggle with at the final hurdle.

So to answer you question, yes you can still look fat BUT you can also look great! At the 150lbs mark I realised that it really depended on what I wore rather than just always looking fat like I felt I did before.