Progress... and why progress pics are better than the scale

Options
This is my 5 week progress... counting calories - eating around 1800 - and doing Insanity. I had only lost 4.5 lbs at this point, and was feeling frustrated and defeated and ready to throw in the towel based on what the scale was showing me. So glad I took the pictures... they tell a whole different story! I encourage anyone who is changing their eating habits and incorporating exercise to do this. I might have quit if I hadn't.

2uhxpog.jpg

Replies

• dscb2002
    Options
    Good Job
  • letbc
    letbc Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's great! Thanks for the idea, too!
  • hannahcall2
    hannahcall2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Nice! P.S. you also look a lot happier in the second pic
  • AnnDenny
    AnnDenny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!
  • sandefer1
    Options
    Your face has really slimmed. You are a real inspiration. I'm doing Insanity too. Good luck! Great post!
  • tlkrallman
    Options
    I started Insanity 23 days ago, and I completely agree. I was expecting a speedy drop with as hard as I work out and as much as I sweat. I've only dropped about 1.3 pounds since I started, next weigh in is Sunday. I took my before measurements and pictures and am completely astounded at the way my body is changing.

You look fantastic. Keep up the amazing work!
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! That is great progress! I am so over the scale. It's an evil lier, lol.
  • blissfulself
    blissfulself Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    4.5 pounds in 5 weeks is really good...especially since you weren't very big in your before picture. why would you have wanted to throw in the towel at that point?! but yes major difference in the pics too! keep up the good work
  • emmajayneduff
    emmajayneduff Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! You look great!

I have been doing the 30 Day Shred and been eating really well keeping around 1300 cals a day but not really lost a lot in that time, but I can't wait to take the after pics once I've completed the 30DS.

I really hope I have the confidence to get into a bikini in the Summer. It'll be the first time in 5 years!

xx
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    i cant see the pics, does this happen to anyone?
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look amazing.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Wow, spectacular. That change would be worth gaining pounds for.
  • cdstaufenbiel
    cdstaufenbiel Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look amazing!
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    LOVE this post!! You look great!!
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    It really is amazing! Even your skin looks better! Great job and keep it up!!!
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Great progress pics.
  • ealinn
    ealinn Posts: 38
    Options
    4.5 pounds in 5 weeks is really good...especially since you weren't very big in your before picture. why would you have wanted to throw in the towel at that point?! but yes major difference in the pics too! keep up the good work

I was just working sooooo hard and eating so well... thought I'd see a bigger drop than I did. Patience has never been my strong suit :)
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!!
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    wow!! you look great!! : ) so glad i took pics too
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is impressive. Good on you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!