Easy turkey wrap for work

Options
Kimmy_927
Kimmy_927 Posts: 27 Member
I'm a big fan of something that's tasty, quick to make and healthy for my lunch at work. Lately I've been doing a whole grain wheat tortilla w/ a 2oz of sliced turkey laid out on top with 1/4 cup of velveeta shreds, with diced tomatoes and some lettuce rolled up into a wrap. 248 calories. The chobani greek yogurt is also really filling. Blueberry is my favorite. I've also discovered fuji and honeycrisp apples, which I like better than red delicious apples.

Replies

• sarcole530
    sarcole530 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The turkey wrap sounds really good. I'll have to try that with a little fat free cream cheese on it.
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    that sounds good :)
  • bktrini
    bktrini Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Also try spreading some laughing cow spreadable wedges on there. Has the "feel" of mayo, with less cals.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Also try spreading some laughing cow spreadable wedges on there. Has the "feel" of mayo, with less cals.
    I was just going to suggest the laughing cow cheese, I love putting it on wheat thins.
  • jazzcat55
    jazzcat55 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Honeycrisp apples are the best. They are expensive, but IMO worth it. SO crisp and juicy. I have one almost every day in my work lunch.
  • ekaustin7
    ekaustin7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    The turkey wrap sounds really good. I'll have to try that with a little fat free cream cheese on it.

You may be better off with regular or lite cream cheese. "Fat free" cream cheese doesn't really exist... They just replace the fat with calorie-free artificial sweeteners. You're much better off eating the real thing, just less of it. Plus, you need a little fat in your diet to help absorb certain vitamins that the veggies have to offer (like A, D, E and K).
  • c2jeske
    c2jeske Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • svcastro
    Options
    I like wraps and like the fact that they are low calorie and filling, I never thought of the velveeta I love cheese so this would really work for me, Sounds good!
  • Guccisnow
    Guccisnow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That sounds great. What type of Turkey do you use?
  • bluefrog_2001
    bluefrog_2001 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Sounds really good. I LOVE a good turkey wrap.

I really like the Gala apples too. They are sweet and crunchy and not too big.
  • sarcole530
    sarcole530 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was just going to suggest the laughing cow cheese, I love putting it on wheat thins.
    It's also good with the Special K Multi Grain crackers!