30 Day Shred May 30th - June 30th Support

Options

Replies

• mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I have been alternating arms with the side lunges when I'm tired. the way I'm leaning is the side I raise. Makes it a bit easier and still getting a work out. It is tough. I had to lower the weights from what I'm used to. I'm using 3 lb weights most of the time and in the p90X I can go up to 5 or 8 Jillian is kicking my butt.

That's a great idea...I'll try this tomorrow. Thanks!
  • slcbrus
    slcbrus Posts: 79
    Options
    The form on those side lunges IS hard! I can never figure it out, and the only instruction Jillian gives is that it should go to the side and back :grumble:

Gonna do L1D4 today! Definitely feeling a difference from L1D1 already!

Keep up the good work, everyone!!! :flowerforyou:

Yeah, I also have a bit of a problem with the side lunges. I am not entirely sure I do them right. But I corrected other moves and indeed, it makes a big difference and it feels less awkward.

We are all getting better every day, improving and feeling more confident. By the end of our 4th or 5th day I'm sure we'll be more than comfortable with the exercises.

Stay focused :flowerforyou:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Finished L1D7 only three more until I hit level 2. gotta love to hate Jillian.
  • lexistepps
    lexistepps Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Just finished L1D4!!! Getting a little bit easier, thank goodness lol.

I have noticed that those dreaded side lunges with anterior raises ARE getting a little bit easier! I still have to really focus and I almost lose it toward the end, but I finished them all! :drinker:

Now, off to go eat my yummy lunch. Gotta get some protein for them muscles :bigsmile:

Keep it up ladies! :flowerforyou:
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO! My 30 Day Shred DVD arrived in today's mail! I'm so excited!

After much consideration, I think I'm going to start it tomorrow. I know that sounds bad but I SWEAR it's not because I'm putting it off! I have been an afternoon/evening workouter my whole workout life. I am going to do these in the morning - even though I already get up at zero-thirty a.m. as it is, I think it will help me keep on track to knock this out first thing in the morning. It'll help wake me up, get me going, and I won't be fretting about working out all day because it will be done. YEAH!

Hot on your heels, gals!!! ~~~
  • shaymh
    shaymh Posts: 7
    Options
    I am in too! I am going to start today again!! It is an intense workout :) I need to get back to it.
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO! My 30 Day Shred DVD arrived in today's mail! I'm so excited!

After much consideration, I think I'm going to start it tomorrow. I know that sounds bad but I SWEAR it's not because I'm putting it off! I have been an afternoon/evening workouter my whole workout life. I am going to do these in the morning - even though I already get up at zero-thirty a.m. as it is, I think it will help me keep on track to knock this out first thing in the morning. It'll help wake me up, get me going, and I won't be fretting about working out all day because it will be done. YEAH!

Hot on your heels, gals!!! ~~~

Yeah so glad you'll be starting tomarrow!!!!! You go girl!!!

Kel:heart:
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I'm joining late too, hope that's okay!

I just finished L1D1, I had to do the push ups on the wall, and don't even mention the stretching at the end... it was the worst part of it for me, apparently I have lost ALL flexibility.

How do you all enter it into your exercise diary? Do I just put it in as 20 minutes of aerobics?

I do 20 minutes of circuit training
  • mady2806
    mady2806 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in..I had the same issue when I first started yes it did kick my butt and I was sore for 2-3 days and then quit but I really think it works..it's nice to have the support of other people who are doing it as well too. Keep me in check people!!! I will try to keep in check with everyone too.
  • Duganhorse
    Duganhorse Posts: 55
    Options
    Mine should be in the mail today! I am so excited to start. I will probably be a day behind but I am definately on board. I am a little scared hearing what others have said about it....I can't wait to get mine!
  • CMomma23
    CMomma23 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm in! I just did L1D1... and for me, it wasn't as intense as I thought it was going to be... My upper quads ache a lil... but not really in my arms and legs.... not just yet... Guess I will do L1 for one more day, then go ahead and advance to L2? IDK, guess we will wait and see what tomorrow brings :P Good luck to everyone!!!

Start weight & Measurements

147 lbs
    36 Bust
    33 Waist
    39 Hips
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hey Shredders! I'm in! I am going to start tonight. Great work for everyone who is already into to! :flowerforyou:
  • vachegomoo
    vachegomoo Posts: 66
    Options
    L1D3 done! I can already tell that it's getting easier then it was at the beginning! Keep up the good work everyone!
  • need_to_lose
    Options
    L1D3- check
  • BGent
    BGent Posts: 112
    Options
    Anna_15- Thanks for the encouragement!

I completed L2D2, it is still hard but I was able to do more of the moves. :)

Hope everyone has had a great day!
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    Starting a little later than the rest of you. I just completed L1D1. It was tough but I loved. My 5 lb weight seem to be too much for me. I think I have to go down to 3 pounds to start with. I loved the side lunges and my legs felt really strong but I wasn't even holding any weights in my arms. I guess my upper body needs a little bit more work.
  • cindy4445
    cindy4445 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love the 30 day shred! It's the best workout I've ever done - and I've done a lot!!! :) I stopped using it for a few months and finally started back up on Saturday, so this message board was perfect timing!

Cindy
  • LilMissAngi
    LilMissAngi Posts: 127
    Options
    how do you log the 30 day shred?
  • lexistepps
    lexistepps Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Angi - log it as circuit training :)
  • dragonflies4me
    dragonflies4me Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    L1D4 done! I cheated for about 10 second on the jumping jacks and about 10 seconds on the jumprope part. Kept moving doing similar but non jumping stuff. I just was beat and didn't want to stop so I at least did something. When we did jumprope and jacks in the 3rd circuit I did do them all. On the whole though I'm still just as exhausted as day 1, but I feel better doing it - if that makes sense.