Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Yoga programs

Does anyone know of any great yoga programs i can do at home? I would like to download a program but am unsure of what to get! Something basic but still somewhat challenging. I am really wanting to incorporate yoga into my daily routine. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,788 Member
    Try your local library, yoga journal podcast (or others), and you tube videos - all are free, so you're not out anything.

Also try going to a class, I think you'll get a lot out of it.
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    I really like Rodney Yee...and Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown is challenging.
    Good luck and enjoy!
  • fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    I second Rodney Yee! You can find some of his vids on youtube as well. Good luck.
  • Thanks so much guys! i will check out Rodney Yee!
  • shano25
    shano25 Posts: 233 Member
    Yes Rodney Yee is amazing. There is a dvd I like called Elements AM/PM Yoga. I mostly do the PM part before bed, it's very nice and relaxing. Anything by Gaiam is really good. I find the videos that have celebrities tend to be less about the whole experience of yoga and more about exercise - for example I like The Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga as exercise but if you're looking for more of the mental/emotional benefits they don't have any of that.
  • marinegirl92
    marinegirl92 Posts: 184 Member
    Good for you!

YOGA is awesome.

If you're new to yoga I would HIGHLY recommend taking a beginner class with a good instructor. The instructor will help guide you into the correct body alignment - either through verbal cues or actually helping to reposition your body into the particular pose.

Unfortunately videos can't teach you that ;(

Yeah for you!
  • freasabreze
    freasabreze Posts: 97 Member
    bump
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Another vote for Rodney Yee. I have one for flexability and strength (1 disk, 2 programs, about 20 minutes each) and another for total body which is maybe 40 minutes?

Granted, I don't use them much, but he has a relaxing voice, with relaxing music and no added jibber jabber to distract you like others I've seen.