Yoga programs

Does anyone know of any great yoga programs i can do at home? I would like to download a program but am unsure of what to get! Something basic but still somewhat challenging. I am really wanting to incorporate yoga into my daily routine. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Try your local library, yoga journal podcast (or others), and you tube videos - all are free, so you're not out anything.

Also try going to a class, I think you'll get a lot out of it.
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    I really like Rodney Yee...and Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown is challenging.
    Good luck and enjoy!
  • fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    I second Rodney Yee! You can find some of his vids on youtube as well. Good luck.
  • Thanks so much guys! i will check out Rodney Yee!
  • shano25
    shano25 Posts: 233 Member
    Yes Rodney Yee is amazing. There is a dvd I like called Elements AM/PM Yoga. I mostly do the PM part before bed, it's very nice and relaxing. Anything by Gaiam is really good. I find the videos that have celebrities tend to be less about the whole experience of yoga and more about exercise - for example I like The Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga as exercise but if you're looking for more of the mental/emotional benefits they don't have any of that.
  • marinegirl92
    marinegirl92 Posts: 184 Member
    Good for you!

YOGA is awesome.

If you're new to yoga I would HIGHLY recommend taking a beginner class with a good instructor. The instructor will help guide you into the correct body alignment - either through verbal cues or actually helping to reposition your body into the particular pose.

Unfortunately videos can't teach you that ;(

Yeah for you!
  • freasabreze
    freasabreze Posts: 97 Member
    bump
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Another vote for Rodney Yee. I have one for flexability and strength (1 disk, 2 programs, about 20 minutes each) and another for total body which is maybe 40 minutes?

Granted, I don't use them much, but he has a relaxing voice, with relaxing music and no added jibber jabber to distract you like others I've seen.