Calling all Active MFPers!

Options
I have been on this site for almost 6 months. I haven't missed a single logging day and love having daily interaction with others who have similar goals as me. I am 32 years old and want to be as healthy as I possibly can be. I love lifting heavy things and putting them back down again and hate cardio machines so if I'm doing cardio, it's in some type of aerobics class.

I have lost 45 lbs and tons of inches in the past 14 months and can't wait to see where this lifelong journey will take me.

Replies

• supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Morning to you , I am also on here every day, I love it, I start here every morning before Facebook, Yahoo LOL
  • nberr
    nberr Posts: 29
    Options
    You had me at heavy lifting.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

HI!!
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Linli, you're an awesome friend...glad to have you on my FL already :flowerforyou:
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im afraid im a cardio fanatic, just cant leave it alone, But have recently started doing free weights and drinking high protein shakes. I am know starting to see the difference in my body. But I cant stop doing my 1000 calories a day cardio, I guess its and obbsession because that was how I lost my 2½ stone a couple of years ago. Nice to meet you Sweetsugar042. XXX :-)
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I am 29, and just started last week. I love to work out, but hate cardio with a passion. I try to eat pretty clean and would love to add more people to my "friends" that want to get healthy and not just eat 800 calories a day. Feel free to add me! Love to share ideas with people that work hard and eat right.
  • ElisaMDay
    ElisaMDay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm usually on here everyday too! :)
  • lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm on every day (150 days and counting actually), I dont lift but I run! I've lost 31 lbs (from my inital goal two years ago) but have 10 lbs left and I'm going to reach it!!!
  • healthyfitjenn
    healthyfitjenn Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I love MFP, I've been logging in every day for 45 days now!

I also like to lift heavy things. I just started the New Rules of Lifting for Women program, and I love it!!
  • ItsVJ
    ItsVJ Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm on every day throughout the day!! It's basically become an addiction - but a HEALTHY one!! :happy:
  • ambate2
    Options
    Today, I've logged in for 375 consecutive days! I've lost over 60lbs. Simply watching calorie intake and exercise have made a huge difference in my life!
  • HeatherSanto
    HeatherSanto Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only girl that loved to lift. I've been on here 200+ days so if you would like another friend feel free to add me.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Haven't been here too long, but have only missed a day since joining (I think I missed back in the first week of January and it was because of travel). But I'm down 100+ after starting to work on it a few years ago. I believe MFP will be the catalyst that helps me get to goal! :)
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I eat everyday so I login everyday. Although this cannot be said about my exercise routine:) It would be great to have more active MFP friends.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I'm on here ALL the time. More than FB and pretty much everything else. More friends and support always help! I've been on here about a year and a half have made steady progress.

I'll be the first to admit there have been weeks where I don't keep track as much or don't exercise, but I've always maintained, haven't gained anything back during those times. And there are days where I don't log in (but usually that's because I'm out of town and only have my phone and it sucks!)

But overall, I'm pretty consistent and on top of things. I've learned a lot and am willing to share things that work for me. Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • livelaughlovecrazy
    livelaughlovecrazy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! =) Happy Wednesday!

I've logged in nearly every day except for when I was on vacation (no reception) and when I had the flu.

I feel so off track when I don't log in for the day, MFP helps in so many ways! I feel like whenever I need motivation or just a positive push for the day I can log on and it's full of it! I've never used anything like this before, it's such an amazing tool and I think it will really help me reach my goal much easier than ever before.

All in all, MFP rules. =P
  • massage_gal
    massage_gal Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I have been on 180+ days and lost 60.2 lbs. I still have a lot to go, but I am the opposite of you, I love cardio but hate lifting. I know I should be lifting, but just can't seem to bring myself to do it! Could use encouragement and support. Anyone willing, please add me!! I will be equally supportive and encouraging. I have access to a great personal trainer who is helping me (I am a massage therapist who works in a fitness studio), so I can give good advice. I log everyday and keep track of my exercise and weight.

Melinda :)
  • Maymichelle
    Maymichelle Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am also a daily MFP logger. I have a lot of active friends, but not a lot of interactive friends. I have lost 48lbs. over the course of 2 years. I started with high intensity cardio training & found that strength training is what actually works for me to lose weight. So I am trying to do a good mix of both. I am motivated by the ticker pic of your arms! Amazing! I notice definition starting to occur in my arms & I am loving it! Would also love some new friends with the same goals as me! =)