Bloated by End of Day

Options
I dont know if I am the only who faces this problem. I am obese (88kgs). In the evenings I am so much bloated up that it looks like I have 3-4 inches all over my body. But the following morning I am all fine. Earlier I used to have swollen feet also by evening, but after I started working out the swelling has come down. I have hypothyroidism and I drink a lot of water (4-5ltrs). Any advice??

Replies

• akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I had that problem, I was gluten and lactose intolerant. I looked pregnant by 5oclock.
  • skydiveD30571
    skydiveD30571 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I dont know if I am the only who faces this problem. I am obese (88kgs). In the evenings I am so much bloated up that it looks like I have 3-4 inches all over my body. But the following morning I am all fine. Earlier I used to have swollen feet also by evening, but after I started working out the swelling has come down. I have hypothyroidism and I drink a lot of water (4-5ltrs). Any advice??

Are you tracking your sodium intake levels? If so, what do they look like? High sodium levels retain water and cause bloating like that.
  • Shalini_15
    Shalini_15 Posts: 160 Member
    Options

Are you tracking your sodium intake levels? If so, what do they look like? High sodium levels retain water and cause bloating like that.

I generally eat less salt, no additional salt in food. Watever it is already cooked in food. Plus I have low BP (Not that I take any medication but I feel a lil dizzy at times)..
  • Shalini_15
    Options
    Anyone??
  • Bubblegum200
    Options
    I can only talk about my own experience, as I used to have a problem with bloating,
    until I pin pointed certain foods which were taking ages to pass through my system
    causing my stomach, boobs, bum , legs etc to look enormous.
    The foods I eliminated are: Pasta: Bread: and Fizzy Drinks. I started my diet almost 4 weeks ago
    and feel absolutely wonderful. There is no bloating and the weight is falling off my body.
    I lost 11 pounds in 2 weeks, and had to take in my clothes over the weekend, and can see
    my shape emerging when I look in the mirror from all sides.
    This is the first time my body is not experiencing bloating.....
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I can only talk about my own experience, as I used to have a problem with bloating,
    until I pin pointed certain foods which were taking ages to pass through my system
    causing my stomach, boobs, bum , legs etc to look enormous.
    The foods I eliminated are: Pasta: Bread: and Fizzy Drinks. I started my diet almost 4 weeks ago
    and feel absolutely wonderful. There is no bloating and the weight is falling off my body.
    I lost 11 pounds in 2 weeks, and had to take in my clothes over the weekend, and can see
    my shape emerging when I look in the mirror from all sides.
    This is the first time my body is not experiencing bloating.....
    ^^This

Many it is the food you are eating. For me, it was wheat.
  • skydiveD30571
    skydiveD30571 Posts: 281 Member
    Options

I generally eat less salt, no additional salt in food. Watever it is already cooked in food. Plus I have low BP (Not that I take any medication but I feel a lil dizzy at times)..

Which is good but many foods have enormous amounts of sodium in them already. Anything prepackaged (even "healthy" meals) are loaded with it. A footlong turkey sandwich from subway has basically an entire day's worth of sodium. It's something I'd pay attention too and see how you feel. As others said, carb-packed foods like breads and pastas have a tendency to do the same thing.
  • Beth71284
    Beth71284 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I used to get very bloated every evening, also. I cut gluten out of my diet and I'm no longer bloated or tired.
  • Shalini_15
    Options
    Which is good but many foods have enormous amounts of sodium in them already. Anything prepackaged (even "healthy" meals) are loaded with it. A footlong turkey sandwich from subway has basically an entire day's worth of sodium. It's something I'd pay attention too and see how you feel. As others said, carb-packed foods like breads and pastas have a tendency to do the same thing.

But how do I figure out what is causing the bloating? Do I skip some food and see? Generally in India, most of the meals has a sufficient amount of carbs in it. What you suggest?
  • Shalini_15
    Options
    Anyone??