No fast food in over a month!

Options
I took a 'challenge' on another site (which I can't find now) to skip fast food for a whole month. That's tough for me! From Wendy's Chicken nuggets, to McD's french fries and Sausage Egg Biscuit.....some of that was for convenience, on my way home from somewhere and not wanting to fix something when I got home.

Well I did it! I was fast food free for the month of May, plus a few days (at least) back into April! Now, I'm so used to counting calories and comparing it to how much exercise I need to do to burn off those extra calories, not sure how much I'll be eating at fast food places.

Just don't ask me to give up Pizza Hut breadsticks! Or Houlihan's shrimp! I did keep those two vices, although I didn't indulge the Houlihan's till today, and the breadsticks only twice.

Replies

• kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    Options
    Woohoo!
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    Way to go! I have found that my body doesn't exactly like me eating out much anymore...it feels icky after eating out after fast food places most of the time now.
  • AngelaU1971
    Options
    Wow! Great job!!
  • 623Hernandez
    623Hernandez Posts: 458
    Options
    Good for you! I know it is hard because, we all drive past about a hundred different fast food drive threws on our way to and from anywhere. I know after work when I am tired and hungry it is so hard to just drive by. I have been fast food free for over two weeks now! Lets keep it up!
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    Hooray for you!! You might want to watch the movie Super Size Me (you can watch it free on line -- just google it) if you want some more motivation. I'm curious if you noticed anything different -- in your weight or how you feel -- from giving up fast food? I have given myself a challenge to not eat out at all during the month of June. Yikes!! Best of luck to you!!
  • lap1476
    lap1476 Posts: 3
    Options
    You have inspired me to do this challenge for the month of June!

Thanks,
    Laura
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Hooray for you!! You might want to watch the movie Super Size Me (you can watch it free on line -- just google it) if you want some more motivation. I'm curious if you noticed anything different -- in your weight or how you feel -- from giving up fast food? I have given myself a challenge to not eat out at all during the month of June. Yikes!! Best of luck to you!!
    ah great movie to keep you from junk food for the rest of your days!!:glasses: :sick:

Lots of other ones as well on animal treatment, hormone injections etc., gives you a whole new look at why we're fortunate to have found MFP and given up the crap.:flowerforyou:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Omgod, Pizza Hut breadsticks. Yum. Congrats on one month being fast food-free!!! I couldn't do it. I try to stay away from the crap but sometimes when your fridge is empty and you only have $2 to your name, you & your s.o. have to stop at Wendy's and get jr. bacon cheeseburgers! lol Usually at Wendy's, I'll get a chili but sometimes I just get a craving!
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I bet your body feels so happy! Did you include restaurants in that? It seems that someone is having a dinner somewhere a few times a month to celebrate something and I just don't think I could say no.:blushing:
  • kspeach
    kspeach Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I know it is hard because, we all drive past about a hundred different fast food drive threws on our way to and from anywhere. I know after work when I am tired and hungry it is so hard to just drive by. I have been fast food free for over two weeks now! Lets keep it up!

It wasn't like I was eating drive thru/fast food EVERY day, but maybe once a week, up to 3 times a week. I even cut myself off of Sonic half price drinks, which is only a block away!! Since I basically quit Pepsi cold turkey on April 28 (save for maybe a total of 16 oz over the past month...as opposed to 1.5 liters a day minimum), I'm not tempted by Sonic now.

I even told my mom when I was back home in early May that we couldn't eat at Arby's (her fave place)!! LOL
    You have inspired me to do this challenge for the month of June!

Thanks,
    Laura

Awwww, awesome!! :) You can do it! If *I* can, anyone can, believe me!
    That's awesome! I bet your body feels so happy! Did you include restaurants in that? It seems that someone is having a dinner somewhere a few times a month to celebrate something and I just don't think I could say no.blushing

I ate out a few times...Pizza Hut once or twice.......Maybe Houlihan's (if there is one in your city, GO!! And all the calories are on their website, and the bread (yummm) that wasn't, they emailed me back in MINUTES to let me know!)

So as for different, I do feel different and better, but I don't believe it's because I cut out fast food since it wasn't daily (which, btw, saves money as well). It's because I'm eating LESS and exercising MORE! :)
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    We have a No Fast Food in June Challenge. This will be our 3rd month of this challenge. All are welcome to join.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/99463-no-fast-food-june-challenge
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    Wow thats awesome! I couldn't cut it out all together, but I have cut it down to once a week which is a HUGE accomplishment for me!
  • MelliCheer
    MelliCheer Posts: 26
    Options
    I tried to "treat" myself to some McD's last week as I haven't had anything other than a salad from there in a looooong time... it ws gross! As I was making my way through the nuggets I could taste the grease on them. bleeeeh
  • lydaugherty
    Options
    I'd suggest watching Fat Head, instead :smokin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgBLQIJEcbE