Strength Training and calories

Options
150is
150is Posts: 25 Member
Is there not a way to add strength training and see the calories burned. I do over an hour of weights and my calorie intake stays the same. Any advice?

Replies

• sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Add it under "cardio" search "strength training" and you can add your minutes and it will tell you calories burned and add it to your exercises for the day
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Go into cardio, type in "weight lifting" and it SHOULD calculate. At work, it doesn't work for me, only at home, so try a different computer if it doesn't calculate for you.
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    You may want to consider investing in a reliable heart rate monitor. My strength training is usually mixed with my cardio workout so I normally don't enter it alone.
  • 150is
    150is Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!! I don't know how I never searched for weight training in the cardio section. I do have a heart monitor so I know i wanted to count my calories. Thanks
  • BoilerMaker22
    BoilerMaker22 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    The heart rate monitor was a good suggestion. Does your heart rate monitor estimate how many calories you burn in a workout? If so, just use that and create a custom exercise and enter what you see on your monitor.