Chewing Gum

Options
2»

Replies

• LauraRose03
    Options
    I am pretty sure you could burn five calories just by vigorously picking your nose for a few minutes.

LOL!!!
  • got2bu
    got2bu Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It looks like the gum caused you to spiral out of control at lunch time! :noway:
    That lunch was inspired.
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure you could burn five calories just by vigorously picking your nose for a few minutes.

But how many calories if you then eat that......ha, ha!

Sorry to be agreeing with someone who is being flippant but surely this isn't that big a deal?! I commend your dedication and commitment but I think that you could burn off those 5 calories by worrying about it all! Maybe you should just log the 5 calories each time you have the chewing gum just to be on the safe side. Good luck!
  • anotherYRwiser
    Options
    LMAO!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Thank you for the chuckle today - pretty sure I just burned those 5 calories from laughing at how SERIOUS everyone commented!!! :noway: Good Grief!!:tongue:

I looked at your profile and see that you have succeeded in losing 30+ pounds and that your goal is 6 pak abs. . . I am in AWE.:flowerforyou: (they don't have a "trophy" smiley icon) You obviously found the mind set you needed for this journey!! I for one CONGRATULATE you first for your success and second for your great sense of humor!!:laugh:
  • anotherYRwiser
    Options
    i read on the internet that a guy had a six pack and went from a 32inch waist to a 42 inch waist just by eating 2 sticks of gum. there could be 2 morals to this story. either i am joking and never worry about 5 cals from gum or gum is the devil and never chew it.

AND "if you read it on the internet it HAS to be TRUE!" :wink:
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Walk to the store to buy the gum, don't log the walk or the gum and it's probably a wash.
  • 84jeepster
    84jeepster Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    What if I am chewing gum while exercising but my exercise is running from bar to bar on St Pattys day and I have a drink/shot at each bar? Is it still a wash?
  • 84jeepster
    Options
    No wonder I have gaiend weight over the past few years since I staretd chewing gum. I thought I was gaining muscle from lifting the pink vinyl covered weights for 18 sets of 50 reps.
    It does not contain more calories if you swallow it but it can stick to the ribs and cause bloat!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

But how many calories if you then eat that......ha, ha!
    Also be sure to weigh your floss detritus and subtract those calories from your log, lest you go into starvation mode from undereating. (Unless of course you eat your floss recoveries in order to keep your logs accurate.)
  • LPDLPD
    LPDLPD Posts: 25
    Options
    I would not worry about it. You will burn the 5 calories just by chewing the gum.
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    oh i wouldnt' even worry about the gum but I too find it so funny how many serious posts there were about it! :laugh:
  • hannahcall2
    hannahcall2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Either chew a 5 calorie piece of gum or suffer the consequences of eating God knows what and then logging that. I'm a chain chewer (one piece last for about an hour before the next one goes in) and I don't log it. I doesn't affect me either.
  • 84jeepster
    Options
    Thanks for all replies. I now realize that I can chew all the gun I want as long as I count the calories regardless if I swallow it or not. If I do swallow it, it will stick to my ribs and increase my scale weight making it appear as if I am not losing fat while eating pizza and cheesecake. Much appreciated.
  • megemeese
    megemeese Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    HONESTLY YOU WILL BURN MORE THAN 5 CALORIES BY JUST CHEWING THE GUW ! DONT BE SO WORRIED =D ITS JUST GUM AND IT CAN STOP YOUR OTHER CRAVINGS TOO!
  • ICarla
    ICarla Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Beer counts as water right??

Oh please God someone confirm this!!!! I would be the happiest girl on MFP!!!

Im with you guys
  • sarahstrik
    sarahstrik Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I chew gum everyday, I seriously don't think that you need to worry about the 5 calories that each piece contains. I would be far more worried about other foodsa nd drinks that you may let pass your lips. Be mindful of what you are consuming, absolutely, but a piece of chewing gum isn't what made you put on weight in the first place.
  • HopeAnchorstheSoul
    HopeAnchorstheSoul Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    The OP made me crave gum... I caved.

This made me lol
    So now I have to do this ^
    or moderately pick my nose for 5 minutes
    or lightly pick my nose for 10 minutes.

Is that in the database??? :laugh: