Ever look at someones diary and think.....

Options
fishsticks913
fishsticks913 Posts: 123 Member
What the heck did they eat? I am always looking for different things to eat and I will check others after they complete it (in a totally non stalkerish way) to get "ideas" and shake my head and go... What the heck is some of that stuff? I have never ever heard of it... lol

Replies

• NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Like me.
  • fishsticks913
    fishsticks913 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    LOL no... I know most of the things in your diary! :)
  • HardyMichelle
    HardyMichelle Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It's a good chance to make a friend and ask! It's open for a reason. I've had plenty of people go "Ewwwww" when I say I drink Vanilla Almond Milk. I said the same thing before I started drinking it...my boyfriend turned me on to it. I highly suggest it!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I always wonder about the person when I don't see any beer logged. Shameful.
  • mumb3th
    Options
    YES! My food is so normal and boring :) Toast for breakfast, salad for lunch, chicken and potatoes for supper!
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I do! I have some friends across the pond and they eat vastly different than I do.
  • MissFitee
    MissFitee Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Yes, alot of things. Most brands and alot of foods are completely unknown to me. I just figured out what a hot pocket was. But then I guess people feel the same when I log swedish brands and foods. :p
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Yeah lot's of my friends are from other countries. They eat all kinds of things I never heard of or only heard of in fairy tales and nursery rhymes and thus thought were fake. Like porridge, crumpets, etc. Some of them are eaten on such a regular basis that I am now curious to try them. Get my passport ready.
  • HJMAYES
    HJMAYES Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Probably me too...I know what I'm eating makes sense, but when I log it - it looks like odd combinations.
  • EpitomeOfSxy
    EpitomeOfSxy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Not really, occasionally. I do however see more junk food on other's diaries than I expected to see, LOL.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    LOL no... I know most of the things in your diary! :)

Stalker!
  • ajewellmom
    ajewellmom Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have looked at someone's diary and thought "Yeah, you at under your calories, but you had no nutrition", and then I deleted them. I am not a perfect eater, by any stretch, but having a cocktail of vitamins and then a diet full of sugared cereal, pop, donuts and the odd chicken breast seems to anger me for some reason.
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    I am friends with a guy from England. Just the other day I let him know just how strange the stuff he crams down his throat is :happy:
  • MsFree09
    MsFree09 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It's a good chance to make a friend and ask! It's open for a reason. I've had plenty of people go "Ewwwww" when I say I drink Vanilla Almond Milk. I said the same thing before I started drinking it...my boyfriend turned me on to it. I highly suggest it!

I love Vanilla Almond Milk!! I buy the small juice pack sized ones because the flavor is perfect. I'm afraid that if I get the big size, it won't taste the same lol
  • Megatoine
    Megatoine Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    If any of you are on Instagram, follow a young lady named @fabbylousness. She posts the most amazing and different healthy foods and they look SUPER TASTY. She also posts the calorie counts. You may need to find other sources of inspiration. Worth a look!
  • LesasGettinFit
    LesasGettinFit Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I like the different stuff but I look at some and wonder how they losing weight going to McDonald's everyday eating a big mac and I couldn't eat 1 once a week. I would be working like a I am crazy at aerobics to make myself feel better afterward...
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I always wonder about the person when I don't see any beer logged. Shameful.

How YOU doing?

I don't say ewww to other people's food choices (and not that you did OP...just sayin'). Culture, personal preferences, etc. all factor in to what may seem "strange" to me but completely normal to someone else.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    no, not really. But, then, I don't really look at other people's diaries, either.
  • genericaroar
    genericaroar Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have looked at someone's diary and thought "Yeah, you at under your calories, but you had no nutrition", and then I deleted them. I am not a perfect eater, by any stretch, but having a cocktail of vitamins and then a diet full of sugared cereal, pop, donuts and the odd chicken breast seems to anger me for some reason.

Bingo. This is exactly how I have felt more times than I can count. I try not to judge because I guess some people just don't know any better but it can be really frustrating. I have weeded most of those folks out of my friends list.
  • genericaroar
    genericaroar Posts: 51 Member
    Options

Yes! I eat some pretty weird stuff, lots of things many of my friends had never heard of. I love food and love to talk about it so it is great when people ask questions. That's the one downfall to intuitive eating and rarely logging food is the opportunity to actually talk about food.