Day 4:(

Options
Its getting harder and harder to control my eating and its only day 4.....gosh this is going to be a long journey!!!!!!!!

Replies

• spongeh
    spongeh Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm stuffed :laugh: ... try padding your food out with veg, your belly feels fuller, but the calories don't shoot up.
  • Smashin21
    Options
    you can do it stay stong and think of how happy you will be when you reach your goal, I am having one of those days too and just over indulged :(
  • vblair77
    vblair77 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    it will get harder before it gets easier. Just stick with it. :wink:
    See how you feel by day 7...I'll bet you'll feel a little better...especially when you start seeing results.
  • Tavo77
    Options
    yee yee
  • coacherik
    Options
    What are you doing diet wise.... Once you push through, it will get better and easier.
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    i always add a lot of veggies too, it fills me up. You can do this, just keep in focus what you really want and you can change you! Trust me I know :) I was 196 and I'm 124 now :)
  • abbyrae1
    abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    drink a glass of water before you eat

add green veggies to your meals, filling for low calories

it usually takes about 2 weeks to get your appetite in check when you start changing you eating habits. so stick it out

lastly, make sure you are eating enough, what is your suggested calorie intake if you are losing 1lbs a week vs 2lbs?
  • macummins1959
    Options
    Hang tough it will be worth it ....and stop counting days.
  • TinaCleg
    Options
    You can do it! At night when I feel like I will snack, I drink decalf coffee with a teaspoon of sugar free creamer. It works for me
  • betsij
    betsij Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Hang tough it will be worth it ....and stop counting days.

^^
  • RhiRhiF
    Options
    I felt like that yesterday (day 13 for me) it's horrible but you just have to think about why you're doing this :) and try to distract yourself!
  • nolainspiration
    Options
    You can do this. It's a lifestyle change,not a punishment. One step at a time and,it will get easier!
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    If you get hungry, drink a full glass of water. You may only be thirsty. If your still feel hungry after 20 min. try a hand full of almonds, grapes, a peice of string cheese. You are strong - you got this!
  • notmac
    notmac Posts: 89
    Options
    Hang in there, I am sure it is harder living in the dorms, my daughter is also in college, she is a sophomore and in a apartment this year, so that helps. When you are in the cafe, make the best choices you can, are there hard boiled eggs?. Oatmeal is always a good breakfast, add almonds or walnuts to get some protein in. Do you have a refrigerator? Get some Greek yogurt, protein will help keep you full. Try to limit the starchy veggies, the white stuff, bread, rice, baked potato's. If you can eat the green veggies, they are nutrient full, and will help keep you full. If you can, get some protein powder, and make protein shakes.
    Don't give up, you can do it!! My daughter has lost just over 42 pounds since august, living the college live. Oh, stay away from alcohol, it is a lot of empty calories, that from the mom in me. keep us posted!
  • mwownbey
    Options
    Don't count your days!! This should be a lifestyle change and not a "diet"!! Just make smart choices and remember that you are going to feel much better as each day goes by!!!
  • tarakizer
    Options
    Is it hard because you are hungry or missing junk food?
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    23sew5.jpg

You CAN do this, and you will.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Keep plugging away at it, and if you go off the rails, climb right back up. It doesn't take perfection, but it does take consistency.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    This is day like 3,000 or something for me.

I don't know what you are doing in terms of calories per day, but you are going to give up if you are being too restrictive. When it comes to weight loss -- always have long term sustainability in the forefront of your mind.
  • suzannegreen2
    suzannegreen2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Is in my 8th week and I have lost 17lbs so far but my scale is refusing to move. I have a lot of weight to lose. I'm a walker...that is about all I have time for...I'm the mother of 4 boys and 1 girl..plus I babysit 2 baby girls that are 5 and 6 months...I have an open diary...so any advice would be greatly appreciated!