Does frying your food add calories?

Options

Replies

• dodgersprincess
    Options
    This morning I had 1 fried egg, but I fired it in Olive Oil. Because of Lent, I am not having anything with sugar in it, so there goes Cereal until Easter. And I need to head to the store and get me some Fruit and Veggies for Breakfast. Yes, i do believe it adds calories.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Does getting herpes limit your dating circle?

Nope
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a favor, either bake it or don't eat it at all. Processed foods like the one you just mentioned - NO GOOD. It's time to start eating whole foods, not convenience ones. Frying shouldn't even be an option...
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Olive oil is good for you; don't be afraid to use it. I browned some ground buffalo in olive oil for lunch and added the 1 tablespoon to my lunch count.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Only on Wednesdays.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Yes, it will add calories. The 140 Calories is as the food stands right now. Untouched, however you prep the food, changes the calories(Unless you are just boiling it, or baking it plain, etc)
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    If you are frying it in a pan with with oil, oil has calories. Why don't you bake it in the oven then you don't have to add calories?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Yes...while certain oils like olive oil are very nutritionally good for you, they are also calorie dense. A mere Tbsp of olive oil has about 120 calories.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Only on Wednesdays.

This.

And frying food on a night with a full moon actually deducts calories.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a favor, either bake it or don't eat it at all. Processed foods like the one you just mentioned - NO GOOD. It's time to start eating whole foods, not convenience ones. Frying shouldn't even be an option...
    I'm pretty sure she wasn't asking anyone whether or not she should eat it.
    qm.gif
  • andycet
    andycet Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    damn, not been logging it as been using coconut oil and thought it wasn't too bad. 1/2 tablespoon is 7g fat :( Need to start adding it
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Fry it in water.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    If you blot it off or rinse it in water after you're golden, but not on Wednesdays. Wednesdays are just not THE day to be frying foods.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    If you blot it off or rinse it in water after you're golden, but not on Wednesdays. Wednesdays are just not THE day to be frying foods.

Try Tuesday in the month of May... Must be a full moon. And always always add keytones.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

Try Tuesday in the month of May... Must be a full moon. And always always add keytones.

Yep, nothing like well rinsed May bacon on Tuesdays - yum!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    You are too young to remember this, but there used to be a tv ad where they would fry food and show how much oil had been absorbed.
    Oil adds calories, about 130 calories per tablespoon.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I know this is going against the grain but if you are deep frying and can get that sucker up to just below smoking point flash fry it then oil absorbed will be somewhat less than if you fry it on low heat. There will still be oil absorbed but less than a low heated fry which means less calories.

FYI the smoke point is dependent on the type of oil so if you are frying but figure about 360-400degs F.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options

what???

This statement is sillier than the question.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure she wasn't asking anyone whether or not she should eat it.
    qm.gif
    Frying also adds flavor said the duck fat to the potatoes. Being paranoid about cooking with fat is irrational and ED territory.
  • akrnrunner
    akrnrunner Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    yah but i dont count it unless i use an excessive amount