Isagenix

Options
I just want to see if anyone was currently doing the 30 Isagenix cleanse.

I'm blogging my story by day and talking to a bunch of people to hear the good, bad and the ugly side of this whole Isagenix thing. Let me start by saying I am not selling this products and never will. I am not affiliated with Isagenix and never will be. I saw some personal trainer friends of mine on FB doing it, and next thing I knew, two months later 5 more of our friends were doing it. I did not buy into anything, you don't have to.

I'm on day 5, I've lost 8 pounds, I've never been hungry, not even close to starving and the lunches/dinners I'm eating are HUGE! I did do two cleanse days, which is all liquid and again, never once felt hungry and neither did my husband. My husband and I have always drank a shake for breakfast because we work out in the morning and it's good to have extra protein after a workout. For lunch most of the time my husband doesn't eat anything because he's in the car for work. As for me, it's a bowl of soup, a frozen lunch, a sandwich or left overs from the night before. All around 300-400 calories. Then comes dinner. We always ate what ever we wanted. Isagenix is teaching us what to eat and how much. We can eat a really large salad and still have chicken, sweet potato & veggies. That's well within the guidelines of Isagenix.

SO, I just don't understand why anyone would be "starving" or why anyone would gain the weight back ten fold if the really followed the directions to a T and then stayed on that healthy eating regimen even without using their products. This isn't supposed to be a diet. This is supposed to be a cleanse and a chance to teach you how to live in a more healthy way and make a lifestyle change. May I add that there is NO WAY we're ever going to give up food the rest of our lives. We travel all around the world and there will never be a moment when we're in Paris again and we won't eat pizza, or in Berlin and won't have fresh baked croissants, or in Italy and not have any wine, it just won't happen. What will happen is well know how much to eat and how to enjoy those things in a healthy way.

As for my workouts, I do two very heavy workouts per week, working each muscle group. Before Isagenix, last month, with eating the same types of food I am now, just less a shake for lunch, I lost 3.5% body fat. I'm doing this to kick start my system to be able to rid myself of toxins, replace them with good bacteria and allow my body to utilize what I put into it in a better way. We still have 3 weeks left, so the sky is the limit. This could turn out horrible and we won't lose any weight or it could turn out great and help us on our way to a healthier lifestyle. SO if anyone out there is trying it out, let me know, I'd love to take this journey with you!

Mel

Replies

• tamjak
    tamjak Posts: 28
    Options
    The 30 program that I have from Isagenix includes 4 days of cleansing. Those days are very low calorie. I am at the end of my second one and I am starving. My first cleanse day was only 400 calories with eating an entire apple. Starvation diets do not work long term. I have had a headache since starting the whole thing on Tuesday. I would much rather do the 2 shakes a day and one regular meal. I wasn't to hungry on those shake days. I have lost 7 pounds in 3 days. I knew this would kick start my weight loss. I will go back to eating all regular food after 30 days... just 1200 calories, instead of the 2500 I would eat some days.

Good Luck Mel:smile:
  • lynnenormandeau
    lynnenormandeau Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm on my last day of my first 9-day cleanse and have lost 8 pounds! I had been doing shakes for breakfast for months before Isagenix, so they weren't an adjustment for me at all. I've found the program to be very satisfying and can't wait to take my final measurements tomorrow morning. I do know that I've lost TWO inches off my waist which is incredible in 9 days! Now that I've completed the 9-day cleanse, I'm moving on to the Race to Maintenance program until I reach my goal (25 more pounds or so). The Race to Maintenance allows 2 shakes and 2 meals per day on shake days, and the shake-cleanse day rotation is 5-2-5-2-5-2-7-2. It'll be interesting to see if I continue to lose with that extra meal thrown in on those shake days. I even plan to continue the program while on vacation in Costa Rica in early March, I'm enjoying it so much. Good luck on your 30-day cleanse!
  • scarletfurie
    scarletfurie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. The cleanse days can be very hard it's true. You can also have a hard boiled egg as a snack and the celery. Headaches usually come from pulling back on the coffee and it's very normal as you detox (which is what the cleanse does) to have headaches as well. Sorry about that! No, starvation diets don't work. I too was very hestitant about this. But it is what it says, a cleanse and fat burning kickstarter. It does work. If you need someone to talk to on the next cleanse day (if you do it) friend me and I'll try and be there. I had a hard time with the end of the second day for sure! But I lost 2 lbs and have kept it off with a 1260 calorie diet.
    Cheers,
    Colleen
  • Merlyns888
    Options
    I've lost a total of 10 pounds so far, but at the same time I am going to the gym and doing some pretty heavy lifting, SO who knows what that will turn into in 2.5 more weeks. I would like to know if anyone has been able to keep the weight off?? It seems like this is teaching you what to eat and what size portions to eat, but if it's under 600 calories, I am finding that I'm still eating a great deal of food for dinner. You can fit a lot into that amount of calories if you try.

Our cruise is in 47 days, and I'm still really excited to see what I can do in that amount of time. Lifestyle changes are for the best, they just take time, and being impatient doesn't help! The good news, my husband is down over ten pounds too. YAY Isagenix so far!
  • moejo3
    moejo3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I did the Isagenix cleanse/program a few years ago. It went really well for me however I had to stop using their products as I got some unexpected side effects...best of luck to you
  • Heatherdawnxoxo
    Heatherdawnxoxo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    ive only recently heard about this through the trainer at my gym. i'm curious about it but at the same time i'm not sure i could pull it off for a whole month lol.
    i will have to keep coming back and reading this thread and see what everyone else is saying =)
  • tarahsipes
    Options
    I've done 3 or 4 of the Isagenix 9 day cleanses to supplement healthy eating and lifestyle changes and couldn't be happier! The cleanse days can be hard & found myself quite nauseous during my last round, but I generally don't have a problem as long as I focus on the results. My parents have both been using the system for over a year and the health benefits (beyond weight loss) for my father especially have been remarkable.

I think that people gain back all of the weight when they are looking to find a quick fix to all of their problems and aren't committed to the lifestyle changes it will take to maintain their new weight. That will happen with any program, every time.

Hopefully, you are able to stay committed to the lifestyle changes and be successful beyond your initial weight loss journey.
  • cookiepaws
    cookiepaws Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a good friend who uses this product and i did try it two years ago but did was not able to continue. I lost consciousness and since it took months for me to be diagnosed with epilepsy I had already returned the product (30 day cleanse). Before anyone jumps to conclusions I was diagnosed based on my normal brain activity not the result of multiple seizures so it is 100% unrelated to Isagenix.
    I am thinking about ordering again, I only used it for about for 2-3 weeks and I have never had so much energy in my life as when I was using their products. I was getting up at 5AM to workout because I was so pumped and I hate mornings. I have never done that before or since. I used it based on a friend's recommendation, she is a health fanatic (fitness trainer, etc) and has no interest in weight loss.

The only complaint that I had is that I found it sweet, everything is sweet nothing savoury. Now I know a lot of people like it because it isn't too sweet but it's a bit much for me. I am thinking maybe a 30 day to kick start things (I did find I lost "bad" food cravings pretty quickly) so that would make it easy to eat healthier when the cleanse is done. Anyway, hopefully others will post updates and i will as well as I seem to be leaning that way...
  • jillybe1
    jillybe1 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey Mel. I loved reading your post of 2/22 and I'd love to know how you and you husband have done with the isagenix over the last few weeks.

Jill
  • jacatkins
    jacatkins Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I have just started the 30 day cleanse program and so far it hasn't been so bad. I wouldn't say the shakes are delicious, but they aren't a horrible taste. I'm on day 2 and so far so good.

The only thing i find hard about it is having to cook yummy dinners for my other half while i'm doing the shakes... but i will get there.
    Great to see other people are doing it.

I was worried about side effects, and what kinda things it could do to mee... but other then that i cruising through it...

Hope to hear more stories of your journey

Jac
  • Merlyns888
    Merlyns888 Posts: 6
    Options
    First of all I would like to apologize for not getting back to you folks, apparently this is registered to an email address I never use, so I never saw the updates. I'm sorry.

I still love Isa, so much so that I'm signing up for another 30 day cleanse starting right after memorial weekend, that's the fastest I can get it ordered. ;)

My husband ended up losing 14 pounds on his first round and I lost 13. I have since been able to keep off all the weight and so has my husband. Keep in mind we LOVE to eat!! We have been maintaining with just a shake in the morning and that is all, mixing some fruit in there or raw peanut butter. ALSO...we did a week long cruise to the western Caribbean and even though I gained 6 pound and he gained 11 pounds during the cruise, we lost it within 30 hours of being back home. If anyone has been on a cruise before, you will understand why you gained the weight! We believe it was mostly water weight gain. However, other than that, we have never moved more than a pound or two above or over on any given day.

I don't work in the winter time so we couldn't afford for both of us to do this next round, but my husband said that he did enjoy it enough and also learned enough to make him want to do it sometime in June. It's not cheap, that's for sure.

Isa taught us how to eat and what to eat. We both love to cook so allrecipes.com has become my favorite site. I paid to become a pro member and it gives me all of the stats on the meals so we know right where we are. I haven't however found the time to type in each meal onto here. I miss the counting aspect, but I know within about 100 calories per day what I'm consuming.

If anyone has any other questions, please feel free to ask me. I promise to respond a lot quicker now.

Melissa
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Isn't this one of those things where you get people to sign up and you get a cut off of it?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I did the Isagenix cleanse/program a few years ago. It went really well for me however I had to stop using their products as I got some unexpected side effects...best of luck to you

I am NOT doing this, but curious as to your side effects.
  • Merlyns888
    Merlyns888 Posts: 6
    Options
    Ryry62685: You can run it like a business yes. I haven't done so and do not plan on doing so. When you sign up, you get your own account and make your own orders. I am pretty sure that the person that I bought threw the first time does get some kind of cut, but I am not sure what it is and she doesn't ever bother me, so I guess I don't care. The only time she sends me anything is to check in on me and see how I'm doing and if I have any questions or concerns.

Odusgolp: I have heard of some people having some issues with it in the past, but I do know that they have gone over all of their product and "remade" them. Also as with anything, some people have reactions to things. I myself, along with my husband and the other almost dozen people I know on it, have not had anything happen to them. Some of these people have been using their products for well over a year, and 2 for even longer than that.
  • eharris63
    eharris63 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Please
  • eharris63
    eharris63 Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Please be more vague...
  • albita428
    albita428 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am on day 4 of the 9 day Isagenix cleanse. I came back from spending Thanksgiving with family in Mississippi and came back weighing 156.4 lbs. I freaked out. I had bought the 9 day cleanse through a facebook friend of mine when I saw her post of losing weight with Isagenix. I got the 9 day cleanse and it just sat in my house until I came back from MS. I could not believe that I have lost 6 pounds in 3 days. Yep, the cleanse day was okay until dinner time at my house, I live with my 6'4 husband and 6'4 16 year old son and they can eat! So, I made them dinner, drank water while I cooked and went straight to bed! I did not have hunger pain. It's just that the smells of the food did entice me. BUT I was determined to stick to the plan. This morning is Day 4 and I must say that I did wake up hungry. So for my 9am snack, I ate the white of the hard boiled egg and made me brain feel much better. I am 150 lbs. this morning day 4. My husband laughed when I told him I had lost all this weight cutting back on calories and fasting. He said wow, what a concept. and i know he's right BUT ISAGENIX has jump started me and that's what a lot of people need a fast track jump start. after this I will count calories for and exercise regulary. :):smile:

Alba Cleveland
    Miami, FL
  • Jray2855
    Jray2855 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Alba...

Are you still on the product? How is it working for you. I'm just trying to get some info on it before I commit.

Thanks in advance.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Hi Alba...

Are you still on the product? How is it working for you. I'm just trying to get some info on it before I commit.

Thanks in advance.

Save your money.
  • laur4021
    Options
    I did the thirty day cleanse and had fantastic results ! I lost 24 pounds and went down four pants sizes!
    The first couple of days i was starving, felt super dizzy, and hated every minute of it .. but then i realized that i was only putting one scope of the powder in, instead of two! whoops :) haha As soon as i started doing the two scoops, I felt amazing! I wasnt hungry or shaky at all :) I love it and now sell it.

In a couple of months i'll probably do the cleanse again .. but as of right now, i'm just trying different products and will continue to not eat red meat, consume dairy, or any heavy carbs! I love it .. PLUS my hair grew so much and so did my nails! SCORE ;)