Replies

• RichardAceves
    RichardAceves Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Defined Fitness!! San Mateo gym ROCKS!!
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I've got Planet fitness for tanning, cardio, and if my kids want to workout. 24 hour fitness for weight training.(It is just outside my apartment complex), There is a crappy fitness center at the apartment. I will use it for swimming, and racquetball. My employer has a small gym that I will use before work if I feel like doing cardio at 3 am.
  • Happy4lifeHHH
    Happy4lifeHHH Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    LA Fitness.... But only because I was going to Bally total fitness and they bought them out!!! Errrrggg
  • CRMrunner
    CRMrunner Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I go to Anytime Fitness. I used to go to a larger regional gym, but this one is much cheaper and a lot smaller.

I like that I can get there easily, and I like that I see some of the same people frequently.
  • _cdngirl71_
    _cdngirl71_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Club 16 - Trevor Linden Fitness
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    24 hour fitness...i travel a lot and they are everywhere and they always have pick up bball games.
  • LauraJeanG
    LauraJeanG Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Fit2Live - crossfit gym that also hosts boxing classes (this place has helped to produce some professional athletes). I LOVE my gym. Its more going to hang out with your friends, but you can't talk because you're working too hard. Everybody encourages each other and cheer you on. If you're a beginner to fitness the trainers are constantly on you about correct form and making sure to modify things to your ability while also pushing you to your limit. I'm addicted to this place (going from 3 workouts a week to five starting Monday!)
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I call it the basement.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Prairie Life Center
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I just workout at home, I prefer that cuz I feel like I work out alot harder without people watching me.But have worked out in motel fitness centers when we have been traveling and might look into how much they charge per hour to use their equipment at the motels around here cuz I have enough workout stuff to do at home I don't really need to spend all the money to go to a gym but if I had some time to kill I might pay to go there for an hr and workout on a wk-end or something.
  • Lilyyy7
    Options
    24 hour fitness. I hate that place, really. It's crowded from like 4-9. Really, that long?! I can't ever get a treadmill right away.

I guess I was used to my old gym (won't disclose the name) but it was a dream. Classes going on all the time. Friendly good looking staff. Warm towels. Beautiful locker rooms. Theater. Rock climbing wall. Tanning. Steam & sauna. However, now that I'm gone I came to realize that all the employee girls were secretly flirting with my ex. Should have known. LOL.

The quality of the gym doesn't have anything to do with your success though. That's 100% on you. Losing more weight now! :)
  • DarkAngel262
    DarkAngel262 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    24 Hour Fitness

It's reasonable (31 bucks a month)
    Plenty of machines
    Awesome trainer there
    Pool that is small, but never crowded
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    I belong to LA Fitness. $30/month and I can use any location in Florida. Pretty good deal I think. I don't use it all that often, as I run outside and do yoga mostly - but sometimes i like to go to the classes or get a few miles in after work, and I'll swing by the gym.
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    Options
    Lifetime Fitness (expensive)

24 Hour fitness. Member since I was 13 and now my dues are only $100/yr.
  • Huppmanj
    Huppmanj Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Work.

My company provides a full gym free of charge to all employees. I exercise during my lunch break (30 mins) and sometimes I stay over if I feel I need an extra kick.
  • bermudamel
    Options
    Anytime Fitness :-)
  • freddykid
    freddykid Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Globo Gym:
    Here at Globo Gym we understand that ugliness and fatness are genetic disorders, much like baldness or necrophilia, and it's only your fault if you don't hate yourself enough to do something about it. ~ W. Goodman
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I've got two:

1) LA Fitness. I pay something like $219/year, which averages out to $18.25/month. I was happy with that as my one-and-only gym, but couldn't get motivated to drive the 20 minutes or so to get there for anything other than racquetball. I'll never leave LAF, because I loves me some racquetball, but because of the distance, I joined...

2) Fitness 19. I paid a $100 one-time fee, will pay a $29 annual fee every April, and $5/month. It's two miles from my house, so there's no excuse to not go. SO convenient. They're not nearly as nice as LAF, but it's great for the ellipticals, treadmills, and handful of other things I use there.
  • Superchas
    Superchas Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Chez moi.
    Close to my own shower and in front of my own tv.

let's dodgeball
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    Anytime Fitness-Chubbuck Idaho....