Name your Gym

Replies

• 24 hour fitness. I hate that place, really. It's crowded from like 4-9. Really, that long?! I can't ever get a treadmill right away.

I guess I was used to my old gym (won't disclose the name) but it was a dream. Classes going on all the time. Friendly good looking staff. Warm towels. Beautiful locker rooms. Theater. Rock climbing wall. Tanning. Steam & sauna. However, now that I'm gone I came to realize that all the employee girls were secretly flirting with my ex. Should have known. LOL.

The quality of the gym doesn't have anything to do with your success though. That's 100% on you. Losing more weight now! :)
  • DarkAngel262
    DarkAngel262 Posts: 118 Member
    24 Hour Fitness

It's reasonable (31 bucks a month)
    Plenty of machines
    Awesome trainer there
    Pool that is small, but never crowded
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    I belong to LA Fitness. $30/month and I can use any location in Florida. Pretty good deal I think. I don't use it all that often, as I run outside and do yoga mostly - but sometimes i like to go to the classes or get a few miles in after work, and I'll swing by the gym.
  • Lifetime Fitness (expensive)

24 Hour fitness. Member since I was 13 and now my dues are only $100/yr.
  • Huppmanj
    Huppmanj Posts: 60 Member
    Work.

My company provides a full gym free of charge to all employees. I exercise during my lunch break (30 mins) and sometimes I stay over if I feel I need an extra kick.
  • Anytime Fitness :-)
  • freddykid
    freddykid Posts: 265 Member
    Globo Gym:
    Here at Globo Gym we understand that ugliness and fatness are genetic disorders, much like baldness or necrophilia, and it's only your fault if you don't hate yourself enough to do something about it. ~ W. Goodman
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    I've got two:

1) LA Fitness. I pay something like $219/year, which averages out to $18.25/month. I was happy with that as my one-and-only gym, but couldn't get motivated to drive the 20 minutes or so to get there for anything other than racquetball. I'll never leave LAF, because I loves me some racquetball, but because of the distance, I joined...

2) Fitness 19. I paid a $100 one-time fee, will pay a $29 annual fee every April, and $5/month. It's two miles from my house, so there's no excuse to not go. SO convenient. They're not nearly as nice as LAF, but it's great for the ellipticals, treadmills, and handful of other things I use there.
  • Superchas
    Superchas Posts: 129 Member
    Chez moi.
    Close to my own shower and in front of my own tv.

let's dodgeball
  • Anytime Fitness-Chubbuck Idaho....
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    YMCA gal..all the way!
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    mi casa... and i don't have much of a choice with 2 small children. But, I'd like to think that I kick some *kitten* here.
  • skiersteve12345
    skiersteve12345 Posts: 89 Member
    Nuffield health.. worst gym in town
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Mi Casa ;-) I can sweat, eat, and sleep all in the same location :-P
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Big rock climbing gym.

Its pretty far away, but we get there when we can.
  • ptjolsen
    ptjolsen Posts: 365 Member
    Anytime Fitness - in it's founding state of Minnesota!
  • AmberB519
    AmberB519 Posts: 336 Member
    24 Hour Fitness. Not ideal, but it works.
  • traceyjj
    traceyjj Posts: 406 Member
    ROKO

Great classes, always something going on. Staff are really good and helpful. Love the swimming pools there.

Downside, expensive (and very busy )
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    I have only ever been a member of Golds (well technically I started out with World's Gym until Gold's bought it out).
  • lisainin1
    lisainin1 Posts: 23 Member
    MEI Fitness in central IN. It's cheap, open 24 hours, has llve fitness classes, and virtual classes, besides all the equipment. However, they could use some motivational eye-candy! It would make me move more.lol
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    24 Hour Fitness

LOVE IT!
  • Fitness 19, California
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Mine's an independent club.
  • InShape
  • toofatandy
    toofatandy Posts: 74 Member
    Sydney Harbour botanical gardens and Domain. It costs nothing and the sites are amazing.
  • amchha
    amchha Posts: 33 Member
    G365 fitness! Best trainers! Best classes! Best equiptment from power lifting to functional training systems
    Coon Rapids, MN
  • Smoni2008
    Smoni2008 Posts: 30 Member
    Colin Kelly Fitness Center..Florida..
  • Fernwood Fitness... Australia
  • The mountains I effing love it!!!
  • oldernotwiser
    oldernotwiser Posts: 175 Member
    Anytime FItness. It's pretty small and most times there's never more than 2 other people there when I am working out. After the first month your entry fob will work at any Anytime Fitness facility in the world.