Replies

• tlaurenfitness
    Options
    Offutt Air Force Base Field House! Woo! :D
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Copper Gym
    It's like Gold's Gym, but we have donuts and the most popular machine sells chips and candy!
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Goodlife Health Club - Dernancourt, Adelaide Sth Australia
    and the local rivers walking/cycling path.

not including the Cycle class (bout 40 cycles in there) and the group fitness class areas there is approximately 20 Cross Trainers, 20 Treadmills, 6 Star Climbers, 12 upright/sitting down static cycles, 4 rowing machines, plenty of weight/resistance machines and free weights. Most of the machines have Digital TV and Cable TV on there digital displays plus HRM sensors and fans (woot), a Steam room and a Sauna room

They are only open 15hrs a day 10hrs on weekends but reasonably cheap and atleast in the case of Adelaide area they have atleast 1-2 health clubs in alot of suburbs that has atleast 7000 population, also includes Personal Trainers and a creche.
    Every time i've gone so far the place is 80% full which is good, not overcrowded but plenty of people to make you feel like you are part of a community and not going at it alone

We also have Anytime Fitness centers here ever few 3kms or so and they are dirt cheap, but like someone else sais they're small franchised gyms that are only staffed 10hrs a day top and the other 14 you can go but other then security camera's and an emergency call button it's hardly a safe way to train.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    my living room. it's awesome. i can do my crunches, dumbbells, pushups and skip it while watching rupaul's drag race. win.
  • CoreyOhNoes
    CoreyOhNoes Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Blast
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    VZW Health and Wellness Center
  • micabrito2012
    micabrito2012 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Spooner Physical Therapy (They have a lot of equipment and weights!)
  • darls25
    darls25 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Jerome Rec Center. Its the only gym in this town.. Oh the joy of living in small town Idaho :)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Oh I thought this thread was to make our own name up for our own fantasy gym where all the machines run by themselves and we magically lose weight by floating above them and chocolate syrup comes out of the water fountain and hot guys fan us all with giant fans. I was gonna call it YumGym.
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Old Town Athletic Club. I really like it there. Not too fancy or snobby, plenty of classes/weights/machines, great staff.
  • CheriLMT
    CheriLMT Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Anytime Fitness...I have not gone 1 time because right after I joined I broke my leg and had to have surgery and now I am very to get in the gym and use it...very irrational
  • dukes418
    dukes418 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Supreme Sports club, Columbia, MD

And the basement
  • IronHutch
    IronHutch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Gold's Gym

they have nice amenities, sauna, pool, cardio cinema. Not too crowded, but sometimes it is.
  • erikrichter
    erikrichter Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Streamwood Park District (I live in Streamwood, IL). It's just the community center, but it's a full gym with machines, treadmills, ellipticals, and tons of free weights, indoor track, 25yd lap pool, hot tub, sauna, 2 basketball courts, $23.75/mo. And it's 1-1/2 mi. from my driveway. Hard to beat it.

I'm in Crest Hill, just north of Joliet... Chicagoland FTW!

Challenge Fitness - Lockport Township Park District facility... and the asphalt in my neighborhood.
  • mssgeni
    mssgeni Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Chuze Fitness in Escondido! I love it!! :) No knuckleheads plus it's right next to Vons and Panda Express = awesomeness.
  • vaangoin1
    Options
    The "Salute to the Sun" is a series of postures designed to limber up, and tone and strengthen the body. It is a moving sequence made up of a combination of Yoga positions.The Salute to the Sun is also known as Surya Namaskar, from "Sun" and "Greeting" or "Salutation". you can get details by visiting http://goo.gl/nfynL
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Hell.

kidding.

i have a Curves membership but i rarely go. i typically go to the Planet Fitness or 02 Fitness
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    Options
    Youfit Health Club I'm thinking about switching to 24 hr.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    The Armoury (a trainer and myself are the only females there), used to go to Hengrove Leisure Centre (still use the pool there until the open water pools open in March)
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness