two a day workouts....how do we feel about them?

Options
13»

Replies

• frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    shiiiiit i cant even imagine two a day work outs and how fit you would be...but i dont LOVE working out like that. i also worry, what happens if your body gets used to twice a day, and then maybe you go back to once a day would you see less results?

but i do workout daily and i try to also do something active in addition everyday...like giving myself only 45 minutes to walk to walk the over 2 miles to work...or on weekends group activities with boyfriend and friends like rock climbing, rollerblading, ice skating etc

im totally jealous of anyone with the time and drive to hit the gym twice a day
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    back in the day when i was single and no baby i did early morning cardio and weights in the evening, i lost weight quick but things are alot harder and im so so tired these days i manage now 1 hr 6 days a week
  • NightMagic5
    NightMagic5 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I split my exercising up everyday. I hate exercising. If I exercised for, lets say, an hour straight every day, I would never keep up with it. For me it's a lot easier if I split it up to more than one session each day.
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I do 40mins in the early morning, and then another 30 at some point during the day.
    I prefer this to trying to do 70 mins in one go.
  • Bubble2223
    Bubble2223 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Do what you love and love what you do.I do believe that if you don't like exercise it means you just haven't found a way to MOVE that stimulates your endorphins. Keep trying....even walking with an ipod and getting in 10000 steps a day works.
    I do a zumba and pilates in the same day once a week and especially when I know I have overeaten.
    The more you move the more you lose. :smile:
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    As long as you are properly fuelling yourself, go for it.
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    They were fine when I was getting ready for regular season football. As an adult that is not a professional athlete, they seem . . silly
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    two a day workouts....how do we feel about them? depends on....what?

What are your experiences?

Thanks!

Alex

We did them in high school for soccer. I HATED it then, and there's no way I'd pull that trick now that I'm approaching middle age. :wink:
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm so used to doing two a days. I do this about 3-4X out of the week.

I've been known to do 3 a days because I'll get up early to run/do a video, lift weight during my lunch, then sometimes I'll get a buddy from work who'll say, lets go run 3 miles after work or lets go do some suicides....... and I'll do it!!!!!
    I think you have to FUEL your body though correctly if you're doing this. I've learned the hard way when I'm running low on fuel through my second workout. :sad:

I feel like a bad *kitten* when I do two a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • Bubbl3s25
    Options
    I usually do this around three times a week. I get up at 5am most mornings to take my daughter to rowing. The gym isnt open at that time so I power walk 12km around the lake. After dropping her to school I will either lap swim or weight train depending what day it is.
    Couldnt do it more than three times a week though as 5am starts 5-6 times a week every week are a bit draining.
    Bring on winter please, where the frequency of rowing training drops :yawn:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    This is one of the cases of where nutrient timing matters. Make sure you get some protein and carbs between the sessions and High GI carbs will replenish glycogen stores quicker.

Also depends on your total calorie intake. If you are already in a deficit then your recovery capabilities are lower so you may get close to overreaching. (depending on training intensity also)
  • SheedahSmile14
    SheedahSmile14 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to do that, but not everyday. The day after I do a 2x workout, the next day I do one to rest my body. I don't feel bad because I worked out good for that one time. Plus those 2x workouts are lighter, so you feel more justified to do it. I'll do ab work for 30 mins and then zumba or some dancing for 30 mins. Effective but not dangerous.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Sounds a bit like high school sports -- before school, after school. But, i must admit, I often run or bike or lift, and then play tennis later.
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I typically do a weight routine & a 1.5 mile walk every weekday morning, then zumba m.w.f evenings..with bowling Tuesday night and zumba again Saturday mornings....but I don't feel bad if I just don't fit it in every day...sometimes sleep (or extra coffee)prevails!
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My schedule is pretty irregular, so I do two a days some days because I know I won't have time for anything the next day. But it's always two different sorts of exercises, not two lifting sessions on the same day.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I try to do 2 a day atleast 3 times a week. Partially to make sure I at least get one work out in if I can't find time to get again in the evening. Today I worked out the most ever (1.5 hours on arc trainer and 50 minute Crosstraining class) because I'm trying to get over a 3 week platuea. I feel great when I work out twice a day, for one because I got my day started earlier and because it allows me to eat more calories. I say, if you can do it and it feels good, go for it!
  • PrettyandPolished
    PrettyandPolished Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I work out twice a day Mon - Fri. I feel lethargic if I don't get both work outs in. Its a state of mind really. I've just come to expect it from myself.