Current skinny fat, looking for friends and motivation

Options
Hi everyone! *kitten* you see on the title, I'm a skinny fat. Started working out and eating clean on March 2012, I've gone from 129 lbs to 116. Unfortunately, I'm still on the skinny fat side: I'm working towards fixing that though: lifting lots of weights (not afraid of them :) ) and taking care of my health, that's why I'm gonna see a physician to see if everything is in its place and fine tune my foods if needed. I'm looking for motivation and I'm always willing to help. Nice to meet ya all guys!

Replies

• giraunchy
    Options
    Hello! I am also skinny fat looking to lose a few pounds, (hidden) stomach fat, and tone up! I'll add you as a friend. :)
  • aliciamorgan21
    Options
    Hmm we should all probably be friends because I, too, have a layer of killer abs under my belly fat :) Love working out! Just need to eat better and do strength exercises!
  • k_town78
    Options
    What is skinny fat??? I am starting to feel like I may have a hard time making friends on here cause I joined up as a skinny girl. I've always been thin. I am striving for a healthy lifestyle to feel better, not lose weight. I want to be trim and fit. Skinny is overrated.
  • dianachen1276
    Options
    I am skinny fat as well! I think I am getting better due to exercise and diet but would love to have some more friends =).
  • giraunchy
    Options
    What is skinny fat??? I am starting to feel like I may have a hard time making friends on here cause I joined up as a skinny girl. I've always been thin. I am striving for a healthy lifestyle to feel better, not lose weight. I want to be trim and fit. Skinny is overrated.

Skinny fat is a term used to describe those who look/seem skinny from the exterior when in truth they are "squishy" everywhere or hide fat really well!
  • pinkxrubi
    Options
    I'm skinnyfat too! please feel free to add me :)
  • todosalamierda
    Options
    Wow! Never thought I'd get such a warm welcome, thanks!! I've added everyone :)

I have a nutritionist appointment on Friday, we'll see how it goes, I'll post details as soon as I'm done with that, maybe it will give you ideas of what to improve.
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'm not skinny skinny, still want to lose about 10 lbs, but I am using this site to keep me healthy. I want to eat better, feel better and get in shape! Add me as a friend if you like. Welcome!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    so is this like 'untoned?'
  • kiiks52
    kiiks52 Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm also in the same boat here. 5'7" and started out at 128-129. Mild "diet" for a few weeks with cardio and dropped to 124. Now I know I need to build muscle, but I don't know anything about how to do that. I have taken away the deficit for my daily calories so im eating back at a level to maintain, and I'm doing Wii fit strength exercises several times weekly (sounds silly, but some of them make me want to cry. lol)

I plan on maintaining light cardio 2-3x a week.

Gym membership is not an option, but I could invest in some small weights for at home if its recommended. Would prefer to incorporate this with the Wii exercises (I really enjoy having the "guide).

Looking forward to hearing back about your appointment. Especially about nutrition. And I probably should add all of you. Glad to find others with the same situation :))
  • s4ffr0n
    s4ffr0n Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm skinny fat, too! Nobody ever believes me when I say I'm unhealthy because they see how slim I am, but I'm squishy underneath and can't even do a pushup or run a 5K! I'm 5'4, 110 lbs... used to be 100 lbs before I started working, and now I've got the desk job "gut." :(

I just joined this week, so I hope it's okay if I add you guys!
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm in the 'skinny fat' range too now. People at work give me weird looks when I say that I'm trying to lose weight, because in layered winter clothing I don't look 'fat' at all. They will instantly understand when they see me in swim trunks...
  • kiiks52
    kiiks52 Posts: 21
    Options
    FYI, I just did a quick search for groups and joined "Skinny Fat to Fit." It seems to have lots of activity and might be useful -- http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/2744-skinny-fat-to-fit

So if anyone's interested, check out the group for recipes, ideas, even find your "skinny fat twin" and form a buddy system.

Also, don't be afraid to add me as a friend!