Are you hungrier some days than other…..

Options
Are there days where you are hungrier than others, even though you are eating the same types of foods and exercising the same amount as well?

Replies

• jenn5136
    Options
    Bump! I would like to know this as well.....today is one of those days for sure.
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    yup! yesterday was like that..did nothing any different but was starving!!!! idk why...
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    yes for me there is .........but the last 2 days I am not hungry (not sure why)
  • jayenomics
    jayenomics Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am more hungry on days when I don't workout/play hockey/am active. On my 1-2 off days per week I get really...really hungry all day.
  • leighdiane91
    leighdiane91 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    the week before/during TOM is the worst hunger wise for me. I eat 1800 and love it... but days like yesterday make me think that 5000 wouldn't satisfy lmao.
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I'm almost hungrier on the days after I work out. I also workout in the evenings so I'm not sure how much that plays into it.
  • mejackiev
    Options
    YES YES YES I have found that when I am more active it seems like I cant get enough food..so I add an egg or some kind of protein to my day to give me the boost and take away the hunger
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Im alot hungrier on lifting days I tend to bump up my cal intake on those days. Im so hungry I can eat an arm and a leg lol
  • jenn5136
    Options
    I'm almost hungrier on the days after I work out. I also workout in the evenings so I'm not sure how much that plays into it.

that is definitely me! I workout at night after work and today I couldnt get enough food, but ate almost the same as yesterday, Weird
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I'm hungrier when I get up early for some reason.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,269 Member
    Options
    Yep... and it is something I have noticed most of my adult life.
  • FitBlackChick
    FitBlackChick Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I don't know what it is, but I get so hungry some days even after eating a pretty heavy dinner consisting of wholesome foods...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Definitely! My primary calorie goal is 1900, but on days like that, I will go up to 2200, which still leaves me with a 300 calorie deficit.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Yup, most likely because I ate two days of low calories or I messed up the 2 days prior.

I suggest logging everything all the time. That way, when you get to a day that you want to go over, review your diary and find out why. Did you eat too little the 2 prior days? Did you workout a lot? It helps to educate yourself based on your own experience.

Good Luck!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    It also might be dehydration. MAke sure you try to drink water first and see if that subsides the hunger.

Dehydration can easily be confused with real hunger. You can research it or try for yourself.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    It also might be dehydration. MAke sure you try to drink water first and see if that subsides the hunger.

Dehydration can easily be confused with real hunger. You can research it or try for yourself.

Hmmm, this is what I do.. it helps most of the time. More so when I add a flavor enhancer.
  • melissanorth35
    melissanorth35 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    OH YES!!! Mine has nothing to do with exercise because I exercise pretty consistently on a daily basis.

One day I was shocked that I ended the day at under 1200 calories. I was not hungry, not bothered at all by the low calories. Then I will have a day that I'm still hungry after eating over 2000 cal.

For me, I think it is very hormonal, not even necessarily TOM, but sometimes my body just has something going on that I'm not aware of. I do wish I had more days where I was not very hungry! That would make this weight loss thing a lot easier;-)