Women - that time of month cravings...

Options
Is anybody else out there like me that a week before period time, you go nuts and can't contol your cravings even though you been really good all month??!?! Ughh... super frustrating. My typical craving stopping tricks don't work and I feel like I can't stop myself from eating.. Working out is also tough..

Any advice or tips is great appreciated!!

Replies

• mbarryteach
    mbarryteach Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    If its after my son has gone to bed and I get that kind of craving then I just go to bed too. I find that once the bedroom door is closed and I am under the covers I can resist the call of the fruit loops better. During the day I carry around a medium size ziplock bag full of Cheerios. And I feel no guilt, I don't even count it in my daily calorie count.
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Yeah all the time. I sort of give in and eat. I try not the eat the whole house.
  • aquarius0202
    aquarius0202 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    maybe you can buy what you like with skinny cow or weight watcher brands? skinny is the bomb!
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    Drink water and brush your teeth
  • alannabowes
    alannabowes Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    yeah, I have a massively hard time! my hormones were going nuts over Christmas and unfortunately I had an abundance of chocolate in the house...
  • rainbowlove03
    Options
    I'm going through that problem right now! It's shark week and I'm craving nothing but sugar! Sadly, I've given in the past two days and bought 420-calorie cinnamon buns from the vending machine at my school. But I've been burning them off at the gym!

Maybe I'll take aquarius0202's advice and try some sweet yet healthier treats whenever I go to the store. I was on Weight Watchers this time last year and their frozen desserts are AMAZING!
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    Options
    The brand Smart One's makes frozen breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert options, and you can buy them at any grocery store! Their ice cream ones are delicious! I can totally relate. I hate being a girl sometimes :(
  • kissedbytheocean
    kissedbytheocean Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm going through that right now. I really try to keep any trigger foods out of the house and stock up on healthier (somewhat) alternatives.

This time, instead of buying my usual dark chocolate (which I think will keep me from binging, though it never does), I bought some low calorie hot chocolate. I also got some organic chocolate coconut granola bars. Those two things have helped me a lot when I've had a chocolate craving.

I've also been trying to drink extra water, fill up on hot tea, and try to distract myself as best I can. I've slipped a few times, but I try not to beat myself up about it. I tend to eat my maintenance calories around this time anyway, since I tend to have huge urges to binge.
  • fatgirljessica
    Options
    My problem is the week of. I will be shopping tomorrow to prep for it. Next week!

Skinny Cow has Ice cream sandwiches for 150 calories a piece. Also going to buy Greek Yogurt with fruit. Very creamy and rich tasting. Not too bad on the calories and has enough protein to hold me up. A slice of 35 calorie bread with a tbsp of PB spread on it with a cup of skim milk. Mmmmm...

I'm basically going to be "giving in" by eating the not so healthy stuff but still watching calories.
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I don't get out of control cravings, but I do crave chocolate. So, I keep some fun-size Nestle Crunch bars on hand. They are minimal calories, and I only need one or two to feed the beast.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Women - that time of month cravings...

Just tell your man its time to earn his
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBVCySFk3gUGIPEVhd-5rfX5Iw8Tr415afoOgqkPvPQMrnZO4k

Ohhhh nvm you were talking about food..:laugh:
  • nerual13
    nerual13 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one with a massive carb craving during PMS?! ALL I want to eat is pasta with a side of pasta!!!! And NOTHING else seems to be satisfying for me....
  • alxdeanda
    Options
    I am RIGHT THERE WITH YOU!!
    I try to explain it to my boyfriend, but sometimes he doesn't understand. Usually he's pretty good about it, but there are those weeks where he is hounding me about how I told him that I'd start the diet and workout plan that I asked him to create for me...

Considering some health risks that I"m going through, I am promising myself that I will do it.

I'm also joining the Get Moving March Challenge (find in motivation and support boards!).

My mom bought a bunch of Skinny Cow desserts, and 100/90 calorie packs for snacks. I also LOVE Lean Cuisine, which I will be buying more of. Also, if eating out is your thing, there are plenty of places that sell healthy snacks when your out...Chipotle has healthy fats and proteins, Zen Bento, sushi joints, etc. One of my downfalls is Tims Salt and Vinegar chips. OMG.
    Being as I am about to start "that time", my mouth watered at the thought. hahaha I'm trying to cut sodium and dairy....Cheese is a killer.....and it's my favorite. Damn it! haha

It's always good to have a "cheat" day, so that is when I will going for the Cinnabon! <3 hahaha
    Join the March Challenge with me. :] It might help!
  • christywolfe
    Options
    Drink water and brush your teeth

This works every time for me.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I didn't have any problem last month. Must have been the fact that I was less than 30 days into my new lifestyle of eating/exercising. This month I had a terrible time the day before TOM visited and day 2. I wasn't prepared and I wanted Salty and Soda. And I did it - chips (even though I haven't had chips in over a month), sunflower seeds and a large coke and strawberries. The exact same things I craved when i was pregnant 12 years ago.

Next month I'm going to figure out what to do. Find what will help me with those cravings and make better decisions. Suggestions are always welcome!!
  • sweetdreamcakes
    Options
    Love chocolate too! I found a great alternative though. Sugar free chocolate pudding with half a banana sliced in the middle, 1 tablespoon of crushed peanuts and a tablespoon of low fat cool whip and voila! Craving gone. It fills you up for at least 2-3 hours and its only 130 calories!
  • secretbear87
    Options
    I purposefully don't control my cravings because I know that if I do, I'll just binge because I restricted myself. I rather eat small increments of whatever I want ...it does less harm lol.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I don't usually crave during but I will the wk before. I usually want like Chocolate Covered raisins so I just have some of them but limit my portions of them at a time.