Female exercise help needed please?!

2»

Replies

• MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Exactly same as men. Women have the same muscle.

YUP!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member

This!
  • SlvrBluGoddess
    SlvrBluGoddess Posts: 239 Member
    We can do all the same exercise that men do....unless they're lifting weights with their ****s.

lol
    Oh that sounds like it would HURT!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    We can do all the same exercise that men do....unless they're lifting weights with their ****s.

This is very snort worthy! Love it! :laugh:
  • Exactly same as men. Women have the same muscle.

Yep, 100% agree!! Don't worry, you won't get bulgy, I promise!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    she says she eating 1000 a day, I don't feel like that's enough. All I'm saying is, when I was eating 1000-1200 calories a day I quit losing weight, when I brought it up to 1500 I started losing again.

No, she said she was eaing 1600 calories per day.
  • You need to drop fat. Personally, I found running the most effective way to burn calories and drop off the fat.

On a personal note; I did almost only cardio and lost 10kg's. Did that mostly through running. Would I do it again?

HELL NO. I lost so much lean mass along the way and it left me a squishy mess!! Also, I plateaued at 1200 calories. Started eating 1600 calories and doing nearly no cardio but a lot of strenght training and in the second week I started losing weight again.

Do a combo, and when you to strenght training lift serious! Leave the Barbie-dumbells!
  • mstjmack26
    mstjmack26 Posts: 121 Member
    Find a weight training program. Perfect your form so when you start to lift heavy, you will have control over the weights. Do cardio to lean out . Training with the weights will give you amazing results.
  • Thank you everyone for the very helpful (and amusing replies!).

I think I'll add some strength on the days I don't run so at least 3 times a week! I don't want to end up squigy from just doing cardio, I want to keep stuff tight lol! I did 30DS so have some strength movements I can do and I'll do some research on some other ones to get a routine in place!

I'm not actually a member of the gym, I'm doing it all at home myself (I live in the countryside with no gym anywhere near me!) so what sort of weights should I be lifting to start out? I used to only use 1kg for 30DS as I was so out of shape but I've recently brought 3kgs to do some strength moves with, should I be going heavier than that with few reps?

Thank you!
  • Bump...

Any ideas on starting weights?
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Bump...

Any ideas on starting weights?

Look into stronglifts 5x5 @ stronglifts.com its a simple lifting program for beginners. There is also a group on here called Stronglifts for Women.

Or you can look into the New Rules of Lifting for women. Also a group on here for that too.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member

I just snorted coffee.

And we have a winner!:drinker:
    I just snorted protein shake..bahaha.

I just snorted, but loud enough that the ol' man said WTF?

OP, lifting weights won't give you bulgy muscles but you will get strong and have lovely definition as you lose body fat. I love lifting, currently working my way through New Rules of Lifting for Women.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member

Cremaster. Rather rare on women.

But yeah, basically do the same exercises.
  • dragonfly_em
    dragonfly_em Posts: 122 Member
    check out the 'new rules of lifting for women' book - lift like a man look like a goddess says it all. there is a lot of info/groups on NRL4W here on mfp & Facebook.
    great programme, lots of info & pictures - squats, deadlfts, lunges the lot