Anyone Else Addicted to Work Out Gear?

Options

Replies

• pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    NO MORE WIRE HANGERS!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAH!!! I wish I knew how to put up pics. Mommy Dearest.
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Yes and every purchase it easily justified... "I really need it."

Multiple running shoes
    Sports bras in all colors
    Tank tops
    Long sleeves
    Shorts
    Pants
    Light sweaters
    Socks

Wifey was looking at gym shoes to MATCH her outfits tonight. I said, only half jokingly, "When we start buying gym shoes to match our workout gear, we have gone toooooooooooo far!!!!!"
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Yes!! Haha! I just bought some more today, oops.
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    NO MORE WIRE HANGERS!!!!!!!!!

Mommie_Dearest.jpg
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    God yes... have so much lululemon gear its not even funny...
  • dream_big
    dream_big Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I live in my lulus....don't even wanna think about the thousands of dollars I have just in lulu clothes in my closet!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    $9 legging & my $5 workout top, $40 pair of Rivers barefoot runners......

Nah.... for me that's enough.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    At this point you'd think I'd have stock in under amor, but I didnt have any money left after all the stuff I bought. I am thinking about just getting UA tattooed on my forehead at this point. Maybe they would pay me in clothing for being a walking billboard.
  • AhlaWahda
    AhlaWahda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Yes, others like me! Haha. I'm ADDICTED to sports clothes! I've probably spend at least $1000 the last 2 months...
    I love Reebok, Nike, UA etc.. People at my gym probably think I'm sponsored by Nike lol. It's so much fun to shop fitness clothes when you work out a lot and you see yourself becoming fitter! I wear fitness clothes more than normal clothes now!
    And of course everything has to match in colour.. Shoes, bras, tops, pants, even my wrist band hehe.
    Pink and neons baby! :bigsmile:
  • tomg33
    tomg33 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I wear cheap shorts and t-shirts to the gym because otherwise my female admirers keep interrupting my workout... Not because I'm a poor student, I swear :D
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I have over 15 pairs of running shorts, several running pants, 5 pairs of running shoes THAT I WEAR, and dozens of running tanks/shirts/hoodies.

I bought most of it 2+ years ago when I started racing again. It has been the best investment ever because I wear them everyday. UA and Nike outlet stores are VERY dangerous for me :)

ENJOY!
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Nike addict
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    $9 legging & my $5 workout top, $40 pair of Rivers barefoot runners......

Nah.... for me that's enough.

I admire this very very much :) I wish I had the self control for the minimalism.
  • fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Didn't realise how much I was addicted until my neighbour asked me which school I worked at

I replied I don't work at a school, what made you think I did?? :huh:

Oh I thought you were a PE teacher cos your always in exercise gear ...... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

She had moved in next door to me months previous!!!
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    i gym naked . easier
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    If I could afford it I would buy way more! I get all my professional clothing from GW Boutique (aka. Goodwill) but they don't have much in the way of workout gear. I really love the moisture-wicking sports bras that come in 2-packs at Walmart honestly. I work out at home anyway so I have no one to look cute for but myself! :P I will spend good money on quality athletic shoes though.
  • AhlaWahda
    AhlaWahda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    If I could afford it I would buy way more! I get all my professional clothing from GW Boutique (aka. Goodwill) but they don't have much in the way of workout gear. I really love the moisture-wicking sports bras that come in 2-packs at Walmart honestly. I work out at home anyway so I have no one to look cute for but myself! :P I will spend good money on quality athletic shoes though.

This I understand. If I worked out at home I would probably do it naked :bigsmile: Ok maybe wearing underwear..
    I go to a new and hip gym so it's nice to look like a superstar while working out haha. Why not look good while sweating right?
    Jewelry and make-up are also a must lol :bigsmile:
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I turned up to a run in some cargo style shorts and a threadless t-shirt.
    A running-club friend of a friend says "you're running in THAT?" with some seriousness.

As it turned out, don't think my clothing was the limiting factor, really.

(To be fair, do fancy some science-cloths, but way down the list to spend my money on.)
  • duckiec
    duckiec Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed buying a bunch of new stuff... but at Kohls and Target. Not yet able to spend lululemon or similar. But I just got a new Athleta catalog (how'd they know?!) and I was sure tempted.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options

This I understand. If I worked out at home I would probably do it naked :bigsmile: Ok maybe wearing underwear..
    I go to a new and hip gym so it's nice to look like a superstar while working out haha. Why not look good while sweating right?
    Jewelry and make-up are also a must lol :bigsmile:

Oh gosh LOL...if I wear makeup during my workout I break out SO bad. I have to wash my face before and after. Actually the other day I went to work out and had forgotten to buy an external DVD-rom, so I made a quick run to Walmart...forgetting that I had my bun on the top of my head and acne cream on my face! OMG, embarrassing when I got back in the car and realized why the cashier was staring at me like that.

Usually I just wear shorts or leggings and a sports bra to work out. Then I can check myself out in the mirror. :bigsmile: