Ladies. Only make progress 2 weeks a month?

Options
So I have been really paying attention to my body the last couple months. I am noticing a pattern of a week of intense cravings for sweets and then the average 5 or so days PMS prior to the time of the month where you are slowly gaining water weight. Then you have the 4 days after you start where you are bloated and loseing water weight.

So I really only make progress or can get anywhere maybe 2 weeks out of the month. The other 2 are just about maintaining and hopefully not gaining back all the weight you lost.

Do any of you really just budget your weight loss around your cycle realizing it isn't even an average of 1-2 lbs a week? I also was diagnosed with PCOS years ago with low thyroid which I am being treated for and my levels are good.

Frustrating but if I know this maybe I won't be so disapointed when I don't see any progress during those specific time frames.

Thanks

Replies

• pineygirl
    pineygirl Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I don't see any progress the during second half of the month usually and most if not all of my progress is made up until the middle of the month. The week or so before I tent to retain about 2-6lbs of water, which I slowly lose over the next few days. I reach my lowest weight is usually about 7-10 days into the month. That is usually the number I track. I know if its the same as last month I've made no progress weight wise. But I think even though the number ont he scale isn't moving by all that much I may be still losing body fat.
  • islandgirldl76
    islandgirldl76 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    That is nice to know since that is my best time of the month also.
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Thinking back on what I have lost, I seem to lose less in the last two weeks of the month too. I will prove this theory tomorrow when I get on my digital scales!

However, I still do lose, but it will be between 0.2-0.8lbs. However, in the first weeks, I lose about 2.2lbs each week! Crazy.
  • PINKinquisition1908
    Options
    This is my story exactly. To try to mitigate by using my birth control to skip my period once every other months. Instead of taking the inactive pills I start a new pack immediately. For example.

January-no period
    February-period
    March-no period

This way I can at least create a situation where I can have 4 solid weeks of progress. It's a safe way to play with mother nature, that helps me to continue down the path to success. I don't skip my periods for more than one month because I get breakthrough bleeding or a really gnarly period when I do allow it to happen.