Baseball!!!

Options
SoldierDad
SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
Ok, who on here just loves baseball?! I mean you love to play it, read about it, watch it on tv (or listen to it on the radio), go to games, follow rumors, talk about it for hours... Who on here LOVESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS baseball. :-)

Replies

• SassyMissDasha
    Options
    Baseball is cool! :) My 7 year old plays on a machine pitch team right now .. so I love going to watch him play!
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    The last time I saw a Baseball game, Don Drysdale was pitching. I can't watch baseball. Too slow and 1 person has too much control of the game.

I did love to watch my daughters play softball though.
  • SoldierDad
    Options
    Baseball is cool! :) My 7 year old plays on a machine pitch team right now .. so I love going to watch him play!

I coached my boys team last year but he wanted to do soccer and basketball this year. It broke my heart but you got to let them choose. :-)
  • crobby
    crobby Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    <3 baseball!
    GO YANKS!
  • SoldierDad
    Options
    The last time I saw a Baseball game, Don Drysdale was pitching. I can't watch baseball. Too slow and 1 person has too much control of the game.

I did love to watch my daughters play softball though.

I dont like tv so i don't watch it. I do listen to it on the radio (on those rare days I get time). It's much more exciting in my head. :-)
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    My father's company had seat at Dodger Stadium back in the 60's. When he wasn't entertaining clients, I got to go to an occasional game with him. I do remember those times fondly. Haven't been since though.
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Not me....not me LOL
  • scrappy11
    scrappy11 Posts: 163
    Options
    <3 baseball!
    GO YANKS!

Oh boy, HUGE TWINS fan here! :) Not a fan of the Yankees~~ BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I can't watch it on TV. I grew up playing softball and I LOVE going to games. I'll sit outside in 110 degrees here in Texas to watch a game! :drinker:
  • JasonMan
    JasonMan Posts: 16
    Options
    I love baseball. I cant really watch it because of the time difference right now i'm in Afghanistan. but I log on every morning and get scores most games are just wrapping up and I watch espn gamecast and get the finals. I played as a kid and my dad and I are big reds fans even though we live in Alabama I'm not sure how that happen but anyways Reds in first for now anyways. Roll tide God Bless and best of luck to all in their quest.
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Don't really watch it on TV, love watching it live at a ballpark, try to make it to 2 or 3 games a year in Atlanta (1 already down this year). Get the first no-hitter or perfect game of the year on my ipod to rewatch again and again whenever I want to. Have been a diehard Orioles fan since Ripken was a rookie.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    <3 baseball!
    GO YANKS!

Oh boy, HUGE TWINS fan here! :) Not a fan of the Yankees~~ BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huge Twins fan also!!!!! BOOOOO Yankees. I am sad I am not going to get to go to Target Field this year since I live down in SC now but I am making a treck to MI and going to a Twins vs Tigers game. I try and listen to them on mlb.com for every game but these west coast games are wayyy to late at night.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    3 hours of 2 guys playing catch and about a dozen other guys standing around - broken up by about 90 seconds of furious action tossed in on a fairly random basis.

None for me thanks, you enjoy.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    you'll notice the ticker.

I'm a left handed pitcher for an Adult Men's baseball team, have been playing since I was about 4, I took a break from 19 to 25 and played football and rugby in college. When I was 26 I started back up again because I missed it. Have been playing again ever since. It's rough on the shoulders though (pitching that is). I also have managed our team for the last 2 years.

So I guess that would qualify me for loving the sport.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I'm a Seamhead and a hopeless Royals fan. I watch, listen, go to games at every opportunity, and at all levels above high shool.

Wasn't really enough of an athlete to play beyond high school. But I love to goof around with a ball, glove and bat. Play with my kids as much as possible, but they are 3 and 5. Whih means interest and motorskills aren't exactly ready...but I keep trying.
    It's a lot easier 60 lbs lighter.

Every year my freinds and I take Opening Day off, play golf in the morning, and then find a bar for the first pitch of the day. Then the party evolves into a BBQ at someones house. It's a good time.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Hardcore Yankees fan here.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options

Ugh, I knew there was something off about you. :tongue:
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I'm a Seamhead and a hopeless Royals fan. I watch, listen, go to games at every opportunity, and at all levels above high shool.

Wasn't really enough of an athlete to play beyond high school. But I love to goof around with a ball, glove and bat. Play with my kids as much as possible, but they are 3 and 5. Whih means interest and motorskills aren't exactly ready...but I keep trying.
    It's a lot easier 60 lbs lighter.

Every year my freinds and I take Opening Day off, play golf in the morning, and then find a bar for the first pitch of the day. Then the party evolves into a BBQ at someones house. It's a good time.

Now that sounds like a good time! :drinker:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options

Ugh, I knew there was something off about you. :tongue:
    :laugh: Gee, thanks.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    LOVE BASEBALL!

Braves are my fav since they are the closest.....Boston close 2nd since I was born up there....

Son played Middle School ball, currently plays Junior League (13 and 14s for Little League) and also USSSA tourney baseball 2 or 3 weekends per month!

Don't play but I am a great heckler!