Strained glute I think

Options
I have pain and discomfort in my upper butt area. Been pretty painful for the last couple of days especially in the mornings. 2 questions.

Best way to treat and can I injure it further by walking and running? Anyone else experinced this?

Replies

• Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have pain and discomfort in my upper butt area. Been pretty painful for the last couple of days especially in the mornings. 2 questions.

Best way to treat and can I injure it further by walking and running? Anyone else experinced this?

I suggest Ibuprofen if your able to take it. 400-600 mg. Helps with inflammation and pain relief, every 6 hrs. Take with food. I am opposed to complete rest, but against full activity. Walking and stretching. But don't go crazy with a workout. Stretch the glutes as often as you can. Large muscle group and since most people have to sit quite a bit, they tend to tighten up very easily. Drink water to keep the cells hydrated.

Hope you feel better soon!

Here's a smile for ya! Sounds like a pain in the butt! Sorry had to do it!
  • lhogan50
    Options
    Huge pain for sure.

It has started to creep into my lower back a little now so going to just take it slow the next week or so. thanks for the advice.
  • ehsan517
    ehsan517 Posts: 114
    Options
    i always get it after training legs...normally its gone within 2 days, provided i give my body enough protein to repair my muscles. but also for the next 2/3 days i avoid all exercises involving glutes. a simple task of picking up dumbells in the gym even works them and i definately do feel the strain. plenty of sleep...and protein..and rest..that does it for me. if it continues for long, consult a professional i guess.