Tell me about your job

Options

Replies

• Kayla_292to165
    Kayla_292to165 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I work for the postal service. I started in a plant and there were a lot of people who came and went from there but it was only the newly hired employees. I now work in a small local office and haven't seen anyone leave unless it was for retirement.
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I am a graphic designer for a large format digital printing company (I design billboards, store displays, event signing, etc.). I love my company. I started out as a project manager, but they cut my accounts for restructuring and had to let me go. But as soon as the designer position opened up a few months later, they called and asked me to come back. I've been here for 4 years now. Our company has an extremely low turn-over, and usually if someone leaves, they come back within a year. Most of the people I work with have been here for at least 10 years. I've been working as a contract designer for a medical communication boards company for the past three years as well. That work is probably the most rewarding.
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    prior to being a stay at home mom I was a domestic adoption coordinator. Now I'm a SAHM and I run an online vintage store.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I work for the postal service. I started in a plant and there were a lot of people who came and went from there but it was only the newly hired employees. I now work in a small local office and haven't seen anyone leave unless it was for retirement.

Is there high turn over for mail carriers in the last few years?
    We had the same mail man for years and now it seems like it's someone new every week.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    I am a graphic designer for a large format digital printing company (I design billboards, store displays, event signing, etc.). I love my company. I started out as a project manager, but they cut my accounts for restructuring and had to let me go. But as soon as the designer position opened up a few months later, they called and asked me to come back. I've been here for 4 years now. Our company has an extremely low turn-over, and usually if someone leaves, they come back within a year. Most of the people I work with have been here for at least 10 years. I've been working as a contract designer for a medical communication boards company for the past three years as well. That work is probably the most rewarding.
    That sounds like a really cool job:smile:
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    work in a bank, the management / new things departmend. its ok, but its gettin boring. hmmm, since we are really growin the past few years we just get new employees and the ones that are are shifting positions.
  • skmolove
    skmolove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am currently a domestic engineer & loving my job as i answer to my hubby & 3 lovely children BUT before kids i worked as a medical assistant in a 2 doctor family practice. turn over was rare as we were treated fair. for the most part we all got along. benifits and hours were good. when i quit my mom took my place. when I go back today, 15 yrs later, to visit the same ladies are still working there.
  • HardyMichelle
    HardyMichelle Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    yeah....like $800 a piece per new patient. It's crazy.
  • shooter560
    Options
    I'm a Chocolatier, own my own company and spend most days up to my elbows in melted Belgian Chocolate making everything by hand from bars to truffles to shoes to novelties to seasonal etc. etc. etc.

Its a hard life but someone has to do it, my wife also works with me, so does my daughters and mother, its a real family business :)
  • rladd6421
    Options
    aircraft mechanic been with my company almost 6yrs. pretty low turnover rate for employees as we're a union shop but the foremen/managers have a very high turnover rate.
  • TheSwoleMinister_deleted
    Options
    Haha I've got 3 (sort of). I have a 40-hour gig with Chase Mortgage in the bankruptcy division; I’m a wedding minister with sole prop status; and I’m a pre-dental student working on getting into dental school. As you have probably read in the news my bank job is a little bit volatile at the moment :tongue:
  • clur85
    clur85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I work in marketing for a healthcare software company, and the turnover is not too high, and it's quite nice to know that there are lots of people who have worked there for over 30 years. It's definitely got a 'family feel' to it and somewhere I see myself now for the long term which is comforting for me from a job security perspective. It's nice to have at least one part of my life sorted for now!!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    yeah....like $800 a piece per new patient. It's crazy.

Hmph!:grumble:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    I'm a Chocolatier, own my own company and spend most days up to my elbows in melted Belgian Chocolate making everything by hand from bars to truffles to shoes to novelties to seasonal etc. etc. etc.

Its a hard life but someone has to do it, my wife also works with me, so does my daughters and mother, its a real family business :)

:love: :love:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    Haha I've got 3 (sort of). I have a 40-hour gig with Chase Mortgage in the bankruptcy division; I’m a wedding minister with sole prop status; and I’m a pre-dental student working on getting into dental school. As you have probably read in the news my bank job is a little bit volatile at the moment :tongue:

Wow!
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Top Knot double Knot Super Spy :):):)
  • crawford4398
    crawford4398 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Salon Owner / Hair Dresser here, i work alone now, but in the past yrs YES, i worked for other companies about 12 yrs, Hair Dressers seem to be pretty inconsistent, when it comes to the Job Place, Blows my mind how they jump from Place to Place, Leaving their Clientele . No Way, I am Walking away from 85 grand a year.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Fire Sprinkler System Designer and Project Manager.

You either cut it in the industry or you don't. It's not for everyone.

Lots of deadlines, codes, deadlines, late nights, deadlines. Did I say deadlines?

Wouldn't trade it though.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options

Can you please adopt me?
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options

Why isn't there a smiley that drools?