Brides-to-Be Challenge Post #2

2»

Replies

• marybethbeech
    marybethbeech Posts: 181
    I lost another pound last week. I'm down to 161. I'm pretty discouraged, I REALLY want to be seeing bigger numbers. I feel like I'll never be in the 150s!

Plus I'll have my dress fitting in a few weeks. I was really hoping to be in or around a size 6 before that happened. I can wear some of my 8s now. I can get all of them on my body, but some of them are so tight and unflattering there's no way I could wear them out in public. I don't think there's any way I can be in a 6 in less than a month.
  • sweet4keeps22
    sweet4keeps22 Posts: 291 Member
    MaryBeth - It's not so important what size you are, 6, 8, 10. It's just a number. As is the number on the scale. We spend so much time obsessing over those things that that's how we get off course in our endeavors. It's most important that you look and feel beautiful on your wedding day. At this point I have lost 20 lbs, and I know that even if I don't lose 1 more lb, I will look better now that I did when I first tried on my dress (and those hideous pictures were taken that inspired me to begin this journey). That is the inspiration I am holding on to. I am better of today than I was yesterday, and if I am a tiny bit better off tomorrow, well then that's even better!! Try to find a way to reframe it for yourself that will help you not focus so much on the number in your dress.

CGriffen - If you find a way to safely and healthfully lose 10 lbs in 2 weeks, tell me how! :happy:
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Sweet! A challenge that's relevant to me!

I'm getting married on November 6th of this year. Part of my motivation is being photogenic that day. The other part is strength and reducing body fat %. I just hope I don't end up looking like mini-Hulk in a wedding gown....LOL

I have this bad feeling if I'm fitted for a dress in mid-June that I may be swimming in it come October :( I'm opting for a bit of an offbeat dress, though, so maybe I can find one that's not super-duper fitted.
  • sweet4keeps22
    Welcome Barney. Love your name and pic. I know what you mean about being photogenic, that has always been something I have considered important, if not for vanity's sake, for posterity's sake.

Looks like everybody's busy this week. I know it's been an eventful one for me! I've been searching for a flower/feather "fascinator" to adorn the birdcage veil I will wear to a mini event in July. I swear I saw these things at Macy's for $25 a few months ago, but call them bridal wear and they're $70-$80, sheesh.

Even though nobody else made it I'll go ahead and post my weigh-in. It didn't change much, but a loss is a loss!

LW 185.5
    CW 185.0
    Loss 0.5 lbs
  • MFT2010
    MFT2010 Posts: 122
    still at 139... but have been lazy... I'M BACK ON THE WAGON STARTING TODAY :)
  • cgriffin8
    cgriffin8 Posts: 18
    I'm still STUCK at 199! And now it's even harder because I just have absolutely NO motivation to cook 2 different dinners everynight (a healthy one for me and a normal one for my fiance).

But I am proud of a new personal challenge I have started this week! First of all, I would like to proclaim myself as a fast food junkie......I know that it is horrible for me, but it tastes sooooo damn GOOD, I just plain LOVE it!!! Even when I have dieted in the past and now I would sometimes save my calories for a double-cheeseburger, chicken strips, etc. or if I didn't save enough calories I would just eat it anyways and not mark it down or pretend I didn't! Sooooooo my challenge is to not eat any food from any place with a drive-thru until the 4th of July.......if I can do it this will be a HUGE accomplishment for me because I normally eat it twice a week, on Wednesday night after volleyball and Sunday night after racing!!!

*fingers-crossed* :wink:
  • sweet4keeps22
    I think a fast food challenge is a GREAT idea! I also love fast food!! For the past couple of months I have just tried to make sure that whenever I go to a fast food joint I order the junior size or kids meal. That way I can still get the flavor that I'm craving, but with about half the calories as the normal size. I find that the junior size is almost always enough to fill me up anyway.
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    My wedding is just a few short weeks away........June 19th. I reached my original goal a few months ago and had hoped to lose about five more pounds before the wedding date, but will be happy if I don't.
    My son's wedding was just last weekend & even though it was a weekend filled with food, cocktails, cake & 20 hours of driving, I managed to stay busy with dancing & running around and actually lost a pound over the weekend! We are not having the most healthy options~ Smoked Turkey & Roast Hog, Potato Salad, Vinaigrette Coleslaw, Homemade Mac & Cheese & Calico Beans. I am doing the food & cake myself with help from family. I know I will definitely work off any extra calories taken in that day. :laugh: :wink:
    Our wedding will be held out at a rural Sportsman's Club. The building is nothing fancy, but the parklike setting is on a lake and the ceremony will take place under a giant willow tree facing the water's edge. it is not a first wedding for either of us so we don't want formal things. MY youngest daughter is 6, my granddaughter is almost 3, they will both be flower girls............pretty, pretty princesses in the words of my grandbaby. We have brightly colored gerbera daisies, hoping for motorcycles riders, plans for a bonfire & a bouncehouse for the little ones. I think we will have alot of fun. I am getting quite excited! :smile:
  • sweet4keeps22
    Angel - Congratulations, on your wedding, your son's wedding, and on reaching your goal. What a fantastic summer for you! Your wedding sounds very intimate with your daughter and granddaughter as flower girls, I mean, pretty pretty princesses. :wink: You have a lot to be excited about. Congrats again!

Weigh-in:

LW 185.0
    CW 182.5
    Loss 2.5 lbs

I also made my mini-goal of 185 (or less) by my anniversary (which was today), so my weigh-in even included eating out last night! :drinker:
  • marybethbeech
    marybethbeech Posts: 181
    I'm not weighing in this week... Last week was REALLY bad for me. But I'm back on the wagon, and on day 2 of the 30 day shred. I'm SOOO sore I can barely walk, but I feel great! Hopefully I'll start seeing some results soon...

sounds like everybody else is doing great... Congrats to those who have lost, "Stick in there," to those who haven't. We can do this!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Hi! I'm a new bride-to-be (as of May 26) and just hoping to maintain/stay in shape until my big day. I've been at goal for almost a year, but I just want the accountability to not stress eat and keep myself active.

Since it hasn't even been a week yet, there's no set date...but I am really liking the thought of Sept/Oct 2011 or May/June 2012. Just depends on the venue and money.
  • angelwings2000
    Oops, I didn't weigh in this weekend. I was busy walking twelve miles on Saturday around three beautiful Minneapolis lakes, then off to our beautiful north country for some fun.
    I lost one pound this week, bringing my wieght to 124.
  • cgriffin8
    cgriffin8 Posts: 18
    Sorry I forgot to weigh-in, too busy with the long holiday weekend!! I think I ate pretty good this weekend with all the temptations I had to deal with!!

The good news is i have FINALLY broke through the 199 lb mark (yeah me...only stuck here for 3 weeks)!!!!

My current weight in 198.6
  • Sorry I forgot to weigh-in, too busy with the long holiday weekend!! I think I ate pretty good this weekend with all the temptations I had to deal with!!

The good news is i have FINALLY broke through the 199 lb mark (yeah me...only stuck here for 3 weeks)!!!!

My current weight in 198.6

Congratulations! I'm sure it feels great to finally break that plateau!

I'm actually up 2 lbs to 163. I'm not going to an official weigh in on the site until I get back below 161 because I would hate to see my ticker go up. Isn't that terrible?
  • angelwings2000
    cgriffin- Congrats on the plateau break!! :flowerforyou:
    Marybeth- I don't usually weigh in a weight gain either, because I know I have followed the diet close enough and worked out, any gain should be temporary and when that water leaves the body I will be back down to where I was (and hopefully lower) :laugh:
  • i'm at 160.2. I lost everything I had gained on my bad week plus a little! I feel pretty good. I'm also on day 8 of the 30 day shred. I'm sure that's the main thing I can attribute this loss to. How did everyone else do?
  • sweet4keeps22
    Thought maybe I had been neglecting the thread, but it looks like everyone else has too. I've been sticking with my goals, though it's getting harder lately. Can't say why, really. :indifferent:

Just got BM dresses all firmed up. Very glad that decision is out of the way. Also made some other important decisions and submitted info. Getting ready to schedule mid-August appointment with wedding planner at Disney to arrange all of the particulars. So, pretty excited about that! :happy: Hope everyone is well and wedding planning is coming along smoothly.
This discussion has been closed.