My very first NSV!!!!

Options
This NSV may be a little silly, but it hit me really well!

I have two kids andI just kept letting my weight get away from me. I Made every excuse in the book for my weight instead of accepting responsibilities for my own actions. I have learned in the past 3 years that I am a stress eater and with 2 special needs kids, I definitely relied on food WAY TOO MUCH! Then I finally realized that I need to be healthy because my kids need me more than most. So......

I started mfp the first of this year, I am obese (5 lbs away from overweight now!). I started following mfp calorie suggestions at 1400 then to 1290 and making healthier food decisions as I lost weight....and it was working! But I noticed that I was really cranky, hungry and tired, plus, Instill have quite a bit to lose....how was I going to do that when my calories were getting so low? so after going back and forth in my head, I upped my calories to TDEE - 20% and now I'm at 1870....and guess what, I am still losing! I feel full, more energy and happier :) Plus, I love food. Like, really love food. Whatever changes I made, I needed to know that I could continue this way for the rest of my life.

I started out using my wii fit and I thought I was getting some exercise using that along with weights, but then I started 30DS and as it turns out, I didn't know what sweating was!!!! I love it!

My NSV is that yesterday my 3 yr old daughter came up to me and asked if she could do "jump-n-claps" with me :) And then this morning (while I saw doing 30ds) she walked over, stood over me with her hands on her hips and said "you need a little person to tell you what to do" and continued repeating what Jillian Micheals was saying on tv! I love it! Not only am I getting healthier, my kids are learning healthier habits as well!

I had to share :)

Replies

• darkangeljanie
    Options
    Great job, keep it up Mom :)
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Awesome story, thanks for sharing...and keep up the great work!
  • GettingAngBack
    Options
    That is great! I have to say your story sounds just like mine. I've been overweight my whole life and didn't make it a priority until now. I, too, have 2 special needs children so running to therapies 4 days a week plus working full time can be exhausting! I have an amazing supportive husband, but he doesn't struggle like I do. Praying it sticks this time! Good luck, mama!
  • pretty4Jesus
    pretty4Jesus Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    congrats!! God bless you and your precious kiddos!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    That's adorable!!!
  • Mindochka
    Mindochka Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Not only am I getting healthier, my kids are learning healthier habits as well!

I had to share :)

Great job! That is a big part of my goal too. My 2 yr and 4 yr old deserve the right tools to live a healthy life. And it is also highly amusing to see their version of squats, jumping jacks, lunges, etc. Family Fit Time!
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Beautiful story. Your daughter is very smart; they look much more like "jump-n-claps" than jumping jacks. I think I'll call them that from now on, if it's ok with her. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!