Options
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options

One of the best things I've seen today
    :drinker:
  • lilmom1
    Options
    I asked for help with recipes not sarcasm to those of you who posted recipes thank you. Where are suppose to be supporting each other not being rude.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I hope your new diet doesn't mess with your poop.
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    There's a medication out there that *REQUIRES* a low fat, or fat free diet?

No really, this is a serious question....
  • lilmom1
    Options
    did you look at fatfree.com has some great recipies and vegan as well

Thanks!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options

bah ha ha.

Also, why would you want fat free??
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I asked for help with recipes not sarcasm to those of you who posted recipes thank you. Where are suppose to be supporting each other not being rude.

Who decided that we're all supposed to support each other and who defines what "support" is?

Was my link not helpful?
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    It might be useful to do some in-depth research into the dietary fat issue (no you can't just take the word of the ads on the tv and family doctor as fact). A low fat diet does not help with weight loss and is detrimental to health. An interesting place to start with your research may be the studies that are finding a link between low fat diets and depression. There's interesting info on why processed seed oils are questionable as well (likely NOT heart healthy, even though they are still endorsed as such).

I eat a high fat diet (70% calories from fat) and all of my health problems have been resolved. The more fat that I eat the more fat I lose off of my body. Strange but true, and I highly doubt that I am a "special snowflake". Of course, I am not eating canola, soy, corn oil etc which means that I also have a low consumption of processed foods. I'm also saving money on my grocery bill; because my food is nutrient dense I need a lot less volume of food to be satisfied and reach my nutritional goals.

Edit: sorry that I didn't help with a recipe, but I don't eat anything that is fat free but felt the need to attempt to be helpful. Feel free to ignore. :) Perhaps, whatever health problem that you are taking medication for may be resolved with diet? At least that's been my experience. I can't think of one med that cures illness, but my diet sure cured many illnesses for me.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options

Nobody is being rude, just sarcastic. Rude would be, "Fat free diets are stupid, you're a bozo for even thinking about it."

I'm guessing a lot of the snarky comments missed the "I'm on medication" response you gave.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    It might be useful to do some in-depth research into the dietary fat issue (no you can't just take the word of the ads on the tv and family doctor as fact). A low fat diet does not help with weight loss and is detrimental to health. An interesting place to start with your research may be the studies that are finding a link between low fat diets and depression. There's interesting info on why processed seed oils are questionable as well (likely NOT heart healthy, even though they are still endorsed as such).

I eat a high fat diet (70% calories from fat) and all of my health problems have been resolved. The more fat that I eat the more fat I lose off of my body. Strange but true, and I highly doubt that I am a "special snowflake". Of course, I am not eating canola, soy, corn oil etc which means that I also have a low consumption of processed foods. I'm also saving money on my grocery bill; because my food is nutrient dense I need a lot less volume of food to be satisfied and reach my nutritional goals.

Edit: sorry that I didn't help with a recipe, but I don't eat anything that is fat free but felt the need to attempt to be helpful. Feel free to ignore. :) Perhaps, whatever health problem that you are taking medication for may be resolved with diet? At least that's been my experience. I can't think of one med that cures illness, but my diet sure cured many illnesses for me.

LOL
  • Lovlilyn
    Lovlilyn Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It's difficult to have a completely no fat recipe, everything has fat in it (even some vegetables have some), and you really should try to avoid products that have been made "fat free" because they usually add sugar and salt. I only go low fat for cheese, etc. You can avoid fat enough if you just stop adding it to food/cooking, and stick to lean protein. Here is one of my favorite low-fat recipes for chicken that tastes great! (I leave out the tsp of veg oil in the glaze): http://www.food.com/recipe/honey-glazed-chicken-279053