need crunchy salty snacks

Options
13»

Replies

• abarbiecop
    Options
    We take snack bags and sort out snacks of various types. Stacy's Pita Chips, Special K Crisps, and if you have an Aldi (Fit & Active Brown Rice Crisps) are all excellent. I don't care for popcorn, but absolutely love my chip type snacks. And get to eat quite a bit for at the most 140 calories. If you can separate the snacks out into individual servings, you'll be less likely to over eat, and can add a little snack without blowing your day.
  • WilliamAndrewPilgrim
    Options
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PQpqv4Ftw-A/TFx0caHmf9I/AAAAAAAAA0s/P4Upbo5HdQM/s1600/clif+crunch.jpg

Cliff crunch bars ^^ (link to pic)

I love these. There are 2 per package (100 cals each). The peanut butter are my fav. Crunchy salty peanut buttery goodness. I usually have 1 bar between bkfast and lunch and 1 bar between lunch and dinner. It hits that spot mid day.
  • monmay01
    monmay01 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jennessaphilip
    Options
    Slice radishes into chip like shapes then sprinkle some salt substitute on them :) Crunchy and salty. This is what I do when I want chips xD
  • tstancom
    tstancom Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Air-popped popcorn (I usually add nutritional yeast, EVOO and salt to this)
    Popchips. Popchips are delicious.
    Kale Chips
    Carrot sticks with peanut butter.
  • hollygoddess
    hollygoddess Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's World's Puffiest White Cheddar corn puffs! 1 serving is 21/2 cups, under 200 cal.! I LOVE em :-)
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Crunchmaster Popped Edamame Chips (Sea Salt). I wouldn't call them healthy, but they are delicious.
  • kimleroy
    kimleroy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Special K's popcorn chips are so good! A 30-chip serving is only 120 cals. I love to eat the sea salt ones with guac, but I know they have other flavors too. I also love Quaker's Popped chips... they're like mini rice cakes! I just finished a bag of cheddar ones tonight; so good! 18 chips for 140 calories, but they're fairly puffy so they fill you up more than 18 potato chips would. Crispy, salty foods are something I crave hard and these options totally keep me from eating the less healthy versions.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    pretzels crisps are my new favorite thing. love them with hummus or with the laughing cow cheese wedges

Those ARE pretty tasty.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Roasted soy nuts, lightly salted. I'm not a huge fan of salt to begin with (I never cook with it, which drives some people crazy) so I buy lightly salted, but you could always get regular!
  • Biitchstix
    Options
    Air-popped popcorn
    Pickled veggies (but watch out for the sodium)
    Lowfat crackers/cracker 'chips'
    Pistachios

My personal favorites :)
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Special K PopCorn Chips! Get them in the flavor Butter OOMMMGGG. You'll be addicted! The flavor sea salt is good as well, I LOVE THEM.
  • margegomez
    margegomez Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Freedom Foods Chick Pea Chips :smile:
  • Elvenbane78
    Elvenbane78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Snackable seaweed from Trader Joes. They have very little calories and they give you a good salt snack fix.
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Pretzels are not terrible. Hershey dark chocolate covered pretzels, mmm
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    POP CHIPS.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Try this its yummy and gives you the illusion of a salty snack without all the extra sodium. Take some chick peas ( canned works) and put it in a baking pat off excess water and add one tablespoon water rolling the chickpeas around until they are all coated the add your favorite sodium free seasoning i like tuscun one and bake at 350 until crisp ( around an hour)
  • aNewMeAt43
    Options
    Celery with roasted red pepper hummus. Very good! I am actually going to attempt to make my own hummus today. Wish me luck!