Baseball!!!

Options

Replies

• valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    love it, love it, love it. I am a SF Giants fan. They're not on TV much in the Pacific Northwest, but I am so happy to catch the rare ESPN or Fox Sunday game. (American league is not real baseball, and thus I cannot be a Mariners fan and enjoy the bounty of local baseball on TV.) I follow the Giants online, never miss Baseball Tonight for highlights, and am considering paying to stream KNBR so I can hear games on SF sports radio. I am trying to see a game at every stadium in the league (both AL and NL), so I warned my husband if he wanted to marry me there would be a lot of vacations to places like Detroit and Cincinnati--LOL. Fortunately he signed on. Have been to 12 so far (well, actually 14 or 15, but some are old and new stadiums for the same team) . Bummed that our city is losing its AAA team next year; we usually go to several games a year just for the baseball experience. My older son (11) plays--love to watch him but NOT THE SAME.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I LOVE BASEBALL! I'm a Reds fan but I just love a good game.

My husband and son couldn't care less about baseball. Sucks to be me! :laugh:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    love it, love it, love it. I am a SF Giants fan. They're not on TV much in the Pacific Northwest, but I am so happy to catch the rare ESPN or Fox Sunday game. (American league is not real baseball, and thus I cannot be a Mariners fan and enjoy the bounty of local baseball on TV.) I follow the Giants online, never miss Baseball Tonight for highlights, and am considering paying to stream KNBR so I can hear games on SF sports radio. I am trying to see a game at every stadium in the league (both AL and NL), so I warned my husband if he wanted to marry me there would be a lot of vacations to places like Detroit and Cincinnati--LOL. Fortunately he signed on. Have been to 12 so far (well, actually 14 or 15, but some are old and new stadiums for the same team) . Bummed that our city is losing its AAA team next year; we usually go to several games a year just for the baseball experience. My older son (11) plays--love to watch him but NOT THE SAME.

while I love you're enthusiasm, I don't know if I'd go so far as to say that the American League is not baseball. Geez man that's pretty harsh. Sure you have a DH, but that balances out in that it's harder for pitchers in the American League (I can cite many many examples of pitcher that went from the national to the American leagues and didn't do anywhere near as well). I'll agree that it's DIFFERENT, but it's still baseball. Some would argue that some of the parks in the national league are like grand canyons where home runs go to die, not me mind you, but some (I'm a pitcher, I love seeing guys start a trot only to end up walking back to the dugout with an F-8). :wink:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    <3 baseball!
    GO YANKS!

Oh boy, HUGE TWINS fan here! :) Not a fan of the Yankees~~ BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE THE TWINS....HATE WHEN THEY ARE ON WEST COAST.....I DON'T GET ENOUGH SLEEP!

I can watch any game at any level and enjoy it.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I am loving seeing all the Twins love! I was at a NASCAR race this weekend and my friend and I had on our Twins hats (she lives in MI) and ran into someone else with one on too. It is a nice openning for talking to random people.
  • greeneyes12273
    Options
    Go Twins!!!! I watch them all the time with my son!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Isn't rooting for the Yankees like rooting for Exxon Mobile or Microsoft?
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I can't remember...who won the World Series last year? Hmmm....
  • crobby
    crobby Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    ANYONE CATCH THE DETROIT GAME TODAY!? THE KID WAS ONE OUT FROM PERFECTION AND THE UMP BOTCHED THE CALL AT FIRST BASE!!!! MLB NEEEEEDS TO CHANGE IT SOMEHOW! TERRRRRIBLE!
  • crobby
    Options

HELL YA!
  • crobby
    Options

Maybe, because they are successful companies.
    But the Red Sox are like cheering for BP. They just keep coming up with *kitten*.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Sorry... Soccer is my sport! My don't think my kids even knew baseball existed until they were 6 or 7 because I avoided it so much. :)
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

Maybe, because they are successful companies.
    But the Red Sox are like cheering for BP. They just keep coming up with *kitten*.

whoa, there crobby, what's that all about? Why you gotta hate on the redsox. Please, Yankee fans today don't know how it feels to suffer. Not until you go through something like the 80's with the Red Sox. Now if one of you guys said you were a Nicks fan, then I'd sympathize. I still remember my pre-2004 feelings about baseball in Boston. And they are not nice times.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    ANYONE CATCH THE DETROIT GAME TODAY!? THE KID WAS ONE OUT FROM PERFECTION AND THE UMP BOTCHED THE CALL AT FIRST BASE!!!! MLB NEEEEEDS TO CHANGE IT SOMEHOW! TERRRRRIBLE!

The umps this year have been blind to most the AL Central. Twins had a bad call last night at 2nd base that cost them the game and don't get me started with the playoffs last year and a ball that was fair by atleast 4 feet called foul.
  • glines
    glines Posts: 6
    Options
    Never been to a game (being English and living in England does have it's drawbacks!) but I subscribe to MLB.tv and follow the Red Sox. Desperately hoping that Big Papi remembers how to hit consistently!
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    Never been to a game (being English and living in England does have it's drawbacks!) but I subscribe to MLB.tv and follow the Red Sox. Desperately hoping that Big Papi remembers how to hit consistently!

I'd say that after the May he's had, he's doing alright (MLB player of the month in May, 8 HR and I think 26 RBI).
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

that was just wrong
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

dwell in the past much?:tongue:
  • glines
    glines Posts: 6
    Options

I'd say that after the May he's had, he's doing alright (MLB player of the month in May, 8 HR and I think 26 RBI).

True, but i just want it to carry on! His form at the start of the season was worrying and i don't want it to drop down there again!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    dwell in the past much?:tongue:
    What? It was an honest question. :laugh: