38lbs down :)

Options
Ritzbrit
Ritzbrit Posts: 211 Member
I just weighed in for the month of February and I'm down another 7lbs for the month making my total weight loss thus far 38lbs, whoo hoo!

Hi, My name is Brittany and I've been on MFP for almost a year now. Here is a little look into my journey.

I joined MFP last April after being sick and of tired of being fat & hardly able to walk because of my arthritis. I wanted a change. My heaviest weight was 225, I'm 5'6" and 28yrs old.. I was 150 in high school and wanted that back especially since my 10yr reunion is approaching. Because of the RA in my knees I started off slow, I'd take walks around the block, use elliptical and swimming pool at my apartment complex. It was slow at first, very slow. I then started doing an hr circuit training class with my mom once a week. I felt my legs and knees getting stronger. MFP had me set up at 1200cals because I had 85lbs to lose. I did that and successfully lost 20lbs. After a few months, I plateaued and gained some weight back. Up and down I went. I wasn't as strict on my calories and making good, healthy food choices and worked out maybe 3 times a week. I could say I was half way dedicated to the process.

Then in November 2012, I won a free 3 month membership to my local gym. I started taking Zumba classes and fell in love! It's such a fun workout. I burn 700-1,000 cals per hour. If you haven't tried Zumba you should! :) I also tried other classes like kickboxing and strength training. I also increased my calories to at least net my BMR. February my free membership was over but I signed up for a membership. I enjoyed Zumba so much and having access to weights/machines that my apartment doesn't have. The best decision I made.

Today, I'm still messing around with my calories to see what works for me. I workout 5-6 days a week for at least an hr and strength train at least 3 times a week. I absolutely love going to the gym now. It's has just become routine. And for food, I'm making healthier, better decisions. For me this is not a diet but a life style change. What I have learned on here is so huge. I still have half way to go to my goal weight of 140. Although at times I still get discouraged and feel like it's not coming off fast enough it is. Slow and steady.

My profile pic is my face side by side, crazy to see the difference.

So if your just starting, if I can do it with my arthritic knees, you can too! Those already on the journey, continued success!!

Replies

• txs78746
    Options
    Way to go! Its great to hear that it can be done. I've been hitting a plateau recently (because I'm eating too much) and this sort of success helps me keep from drowning my sorrows in a bacon double cheeseburger.
  • alischoeneweis
    alischoeneweis Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! Way to stay strong and motivated....it can be very discouraging sometimes, can't it? Anyway, you were beautiful before. Keep it going, girl....
  • mitsukai424
    mitsukai424 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! Congrats not only on your weight losses but on your fabulous attitude towards your own health. Yay! :flowerforyou:
  • heleka7
    heleka7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    awesome story!
  • ANewBetterManda
    Options
    wow! congrats! well done, keep going, u r strong!!!!
  • SuzieQ724
    SuzieQ724 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Great story! Congratulations to you! :)
  • abitzan
    abitzan Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Great Job I certainly hope to see you at the 10 year reunion assuming we have one i haven't heard anything as of yet.
  • Ritzbrit
    Ritzbrit Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! And yeah Ashley I haven't heard a thing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!