Almost 40 and "Fat"

Options
2»

Replies

• Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Blessedtobefit, thanks for your post. Wow you are amazing. I went and read your profile truly inspiring. I hope that you will join us on this journey.

lstpaul, thanks for that post. It was very imformative and gave me a small goal to start with. 10% here I come.

I also think we should all aspire to try this list lstpaul posted.

Eat Less and Shed Pounds
    Eat Well and Be Healthy
    Move More and Feel Great
    Sleep More
    Stress Less
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I decided about a month ago that I want to be Fat-free at Forty! I have till Oct 2011. I need to lose 90 pounds to be at the high end of my healthy weight range. So far I have 9 pounds down and 81 lbs to go!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    glad to meet you kintegra. I :heart: 40 and fat free. We can do it.
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Stalking? did someone mention stalking....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:heart:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Stalking? did someone mention stalking....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:heart:

Don't think you have never been stalked:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cabrzama
    cabrzama Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Okay, yeah, I was born in 1970 (am 40 now), and as of last year I had more than 60 to lose. But now only need to lose another 20-25 more. It is harder as you get older--the old metabolism just doesn't rip like it used to, but then when I had it I took it for granted anyway. Better late than never I guess. I'm down 45 lbs in about 16 months worth of work so it can definitely be done and probably even better/faster than me.
  • brunsie
    brunsie Posts: 54
    Options
    I am so glad I found this thread. I am almost the big 40. I was born January 1971 and will be 40 in just a few short months. When I turned 39 I had a motto that I was going to be "Fit by 40" Well, I haven't really stuck to anything since then and have to get my rear in gear. I have 70 pounds to lose and looks like I got a nice support group right here.
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Oh mama.. like lstpaul I am with you! I think snowflakes will be there right by our side as well and as for all of the other people that interested in this support group I am excited! I turn 40 in august and boy do I feel that metabolism slow down. Loosing weight use to be so much easier than it is today!

count me in!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Yay, so glad to see yo Cogirl.

Glad to see everyone else too. We are going to do this!!!!!!! I am excited
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Just getting up and around at 9 am. I have actually been up since 6:30 but I have been layzen about! I am ready to do well today and I hope you all are too!
  • llowry
    llowry Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I just want to encourage you that if I can do it....ANYONE CAN! The greatest challenge any of us face is the battle of the mind. I decided 4 years ago that I was sick and tired of being sick and tired and I changed my life completely. No more excuses of being too busy to go to the gym...I made time, no more reasons to eat fast food and unhealthy meals at home...I learned to cook healthy, no more reasons to give up when it gets hard...I dug down deep and fought for it with everything that is in me. I still struggle with old habits, but the difference is I have learned to forgive myself and start all over again. This isn't a diet, but a total lifestyle transformation that begins on the inside when you decide that you are worth fighting for. Great men and women get knocked down, but great men and women get right back up. I believe that is you, and YOU CAN DO THIS...one day at a time!

223713.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Blessedtobefit,

Congratulations!! And I so wished I could be where you are now!!:drinker: :drinker: