Any beer drinkers out there?

Options
Any beer drinkers out there?

If so, I'd like your feedback...

I would drink 2-3 beers (light beer), 2 or 3 nights a week. I cut alcohol out for a month after starting MFP and have been successful toward reaching my weight goal. I've slowly introduced beer drinking back into my life. I'm still losing weight, but would like to know if there are other beer drinkers out there who have successfully kept the weight off even though they still drink. Success stories? Failure stories? What are your views on alcohol consumption and health/fitness? Comments or ideas? Thanks!

Replies

• rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Yes, I drink light beer once or twice a week. I used to drink it nightly. I did not lose weight when I cut down drinking, and I fit it into my cals and macros.
  • tequilagurl
    Options
    I will not give up drinking beer. I just make sure I count the calories and, as bad as it sounds, eat less on the days I have a few beers! I have not lost much yet, but I am losing.
  • RabecaR
    RabecaR Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I will do extra workouts to fit in my beer calories!!! I quit smoking.....I WONT quit drinking! Seems to workout okay.
  • RabecaR
    RabecaR Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Amen, sister!
  • _JamieB_
    _JamieB_ Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Love beer and drink it when I want...the beer is not my problem, being lazy lately is my problem!!! If its working, do/eat/drink what you want, just have to make it work for you!!!
  • proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    Options
    Yep...here. I don't drink as much as I used to. Maybe 1-2 beer every other week.
  • PORSCHEALOVE
    Options
    I drink light beer on weekends,will work it off during the week, and eat less calories.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i used to drink 2-3 each night and ballooned up to 160 lbs. So i had to cut it out during the week nights. and i try to only drink beer once a weekend but it is hard.

And its not jsut the extra calories but beer tends to make you gain weight in the midsection- hence the beer gut. Itd be so cool if I could have beer boobs instead
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I drink really delicious and flavourful beers regularly. My weight loss is slow going, partly because of the beer, and partly because of the lounging by the pond or sitting on patios that accompanies the beer.

BUT! I have maintained and slowly lost my weight without giving up the most delicious and amazing of all liquids on earth.
  • CharlieOverby
    CharlieOverby Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I will not give up drinking beer. I just make sure I count the calories and, as bad as it sounds, eat less on the days I have a few beers! I have not lost much yet, but I am losing.
    I totally agree. I drink beer every day and count the calories.
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I routinely drink beer and wine. Hasn't hurt my weight loss - I just make sure it fits in my calorie/macro goals.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    As with anything I enjoy eating or drinking, I'll factor the calories into my day and exercise a little extra if necessary.

To be fair, I'm sure I'd lose weight faster if I eliminated alcohol altoghether, but I don't want to.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Light beer? I thought you asked if there were any beer drinkers?
  • cosmic0074
    cosmic0074 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Itd be so cool if I could have beer boobs instead

I would LOVE that!
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    No light beer here! Only the good *kitten*.

I drink 2-4 beers once a week. I've lost just fine. As long as it fits into my weekend calories I do it. I just try and not overdo it. For me, if I keep it to once a week I'm golden.
  • jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut much of anything out, and god forbid, certainly not beer. :-)

I just try to stick to my calorie goals & macros, although I don't always count beer carbs -- mostly because I'm too lazy to figure it out & most alcohol entries in the MFP database are just calories & no carb info.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Absolutely NO lite beer. If I'm going to drink beer, I want the real thing. And I have one~ONE~every single evening. I plan my calories around it. It is my reward for a day well done.
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Just so long as you keep it within your calorie goal, you'll lose weight. I have several beers every week, and have not had a problem losing.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I only have beer on days that end in "y". Other than that, hate the stuff.

Anyway, I am luck beause I like to drink a cold refreshing Budlight in the summer sun. I just don't get to drink a case of them anymore. Few here and there is all.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Light beer? I thought you asked if there were any beer drinkers?

Ha. Agreed.