Hello! I'm new here and looking for friends & motivation

Options
dotz
dotz Posts: 3 Member
Hi everyone! Just found this site today and am going to try this really hard struggle of losing weight once again. I'm 40 years old and have always been overweight. I have tried probably everything at one time or another. I really feel like a failure. I even had gastric bypass in 2002, yet here I am again. I have gained back almost all of my weight. I am only 30 lbs away from being where I was before I had surgery. That is so hard for me to admit. So, it's time to get up, dust myself off, and start once again. Hoping to find some others out there to walk down this long road with and to give & get motivation.

Replies

• Reign
    Reign Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me...nothing like having support friends.
  • ailysp
    ailysp Posts: 69
    Options
    Hi and welcome, you will find lots of support here. You have made the first step so you can do it...
  • kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    Options
    Welcome!!! Feel free to add me as well! :D
  • MchelleBoise
    Options
    Hi Dotz! Welcome. I just started a few weeks ago and I LOVE this website. It's easy to use and it's great. Having a journal of daily exercise and nutrition is helpful in so many ways. I was frustrated with not being able to lose weight, but I have realized how much I have underestimated what I was eeating and how it was affecting the way I felt and the weight I carried. YOU CAN DO IT. I beleive in you. You can add me as a friend if you would like. :)

~Michelle
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou:

Anyone can add me!:drinker:
  • k_garcia_06
    Options
    absolutly!! I cant say I know what your feeling but I know how I feel being over weight n that we may have in common!! i havent been on much and i have noticed that since i have stopped loggin in my foods and exercise, i havent been losing like i was at first! so now back to the routine of gettin back in shape n healthy for my self and family!! Im here if you need me!
  • k_garcia_06
    Options
    absolutly!! I cant say I know what your feeling but I know how I feel being over weight n that we may have in common!! i havent been on much and i have noticed that since i have stopped loggin in my foods and exercise, i havent been losing like i was at first! so now back to the routine of gettin back in shape n healthy for my self and family!! Im here if you need me!
  • MJunebug
    MJunebug Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can do this! :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • kscarlett24
    kscarlett24 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a good place to help stay motivated. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    No matter where you are starting on this weight-loss journey, the tried and true method for taking off the weight and keeping it off is to reduce your cals and exercise. That's what MFP will help you succeed in. Add me if you like.

Welcome to a tool and a community that will encourage you towards a healthy and permanent weight loss.

cheers!
  • AdymondNtheRuff
    AdymondNtheRuff Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    We are here for you come on over and get it in with us!:flowerforyou:
  • Unicornlover
    Unicornlover Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just joined mfp on May 17th and I am already addicted to this site! :smile: The Message Board topics are great to read and everyone who responds is so knowledgeable either from their own experiences or from research. And everyone is so supportive! I have 100+ pounds to lose, so I'll be here for a while! Feel free to add me as a friend...we can help encourage each other! :flowerforyou: Good luck!
  • tkwilliams67
    tkwilliams67 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    We all need the support, feel free to add me as a friend.

Good luck....
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had gastric bypass in 2002 also! Would love to be friends.
  • dac60
    dac60 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi Dotz, Today is the first day of the rest of your life....you choose to live today, to be full of motivation to be healthy and happy....you can do it...ive lost 30 lbs and im down to last 10 and it is so hard but im doing it...i refuse to fail again....i turn 50 oct 1 and that is my ultimate goal....to be healthier than ive ever been. I have tried every diet none to man also but i started medifast in march and it has fell off...this may not be for you but it works..i started walking 10 min a day and now.ive just joined a gym and im really seeing my body change...i hope this day will be new and inspiration to get up and keep gettin up...add me if you like...id love to be inspiration and a friend...