Whats everyone's favorite energy or protein bar??

Options

Replies

• jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Clif Builder Crunchy Peanut Butter. Yes, higher in sugar, but it is not sugar alcohol. I would rather take the hit on the carbs/sugar and have something I enjoy. 20g protein is hard to find in most bars that have mostly all natural ingredients.
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with Clif bars... especially Cool Chocolate Mint.

I also eat Vega bars a lot. They are delicious, have as much protein as a Clif bar but with less calories, and the ingredients list is super short and comprehensible. They are also gluten free, which Clif bars are not and so are a great alternative for people who cannot eat Clif!

As for protein bars, there is a certain kind sold by 7-11 here that I love.. the rest are too high calorie for me; rather have a shake.
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Also, because Quest bars are being discussed ITT I will give my review: pretty tasty but insanely chewy and so that turns some people off. Definitely a miracle in terms of protein and fibre and calories though.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Clif chocolate mint.......mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......
  • HardyMichelle
    HardyMichelle Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    One of our reps here at clinic brings us Zone Perfect bars...the chocolate cookie dough is amazing! Tastes just like normal cookie dough....yum
  • ashfuse
    ashfuse Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Cliff, Lara, and Quest. Quest being the best out of all of them.
  • mikeyrs
    mikeyrs Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    The only one I'll eat is the Corazonas Oatmeal Squares because they include Plant Sterols that reduce LDL Cholesterol. They are also low sodium (110 mg), include 5g of fiber, 16g of whole grain, and 6g of Protein. And they're really tasty, too. I've had them in Chocolate Chip and Blueberry. I prefer the Chocolate Chip but both are really good. More info about these healthy snacks at www.corazonas.com if you have elevated cholesterol.
  • dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Think Thin Bars...Brownie crunch and creamy PB are my fav!

This :)
  • ErinG6191
    ErinG6191 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Think thin bars!!! 0 grams of sugar, 240 calories, 8 grams of fat and 20 grams of protein. Love Brownie Crunch, white chocolate and chunky peanut butter.
  • MrsScheidt
    MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Just made the No Bake protein balls. They are super easy and healthy. 1 cup dry oatmeal, 1/2 c chocolate chips, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/2 c ground flaxseed, 1/3 c honey and 1 tsp vanilla. Mix it up into a ball and serve. I was leary at first but figured I'd give it a try. Ony 90 calories per serving and very healthy and easy! Found it on Pininterest from my friend.

I will have to try this!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Quest Protein Bars (chocolate chip cookie dough!!)
    Clif Builder Bars (especially S'mores flavor)
    Promax (especially Black Forest Cake flavor)
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I like Pure Protein and MetRx as they have only whey protein--no soy.

I want to try Quest bars; they are also only whey.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Quest
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I don't eat them often, but when I do, I prefer Lara Bars.

Stay healthy my friends.
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Odwalla bars taste good and are really filling, with Luna bars being a close second (they're usually less calories/fat, but then don't quite fill me up as much.) Going on taste alone, though, I'd go with Lara bars. Especially the Cherry Pie ones. Yum!
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Clff bars pack a punch but I would stay away from them unless I was doing major workout. Currently I am just using a Whey Isolate powder for a shake that I make with blueberries and milk. You can make your own protein bars at home. I am not a fan of the protein bars you get at the store. They seem too processed to me.
  • Rns79
    Rns79 Posts: 7
    Options
    I like Cliff bars tasty and reasonable price. I wouldn't mind trying Bounce protein balls if I could find a stockist on the high street
  • Jewelforyou
    Options
    Pure Protein Bars. They have a really good protein to calorie ratio. About 20 grams of protein for 200 calories depending on the flavour. And they're pretty tasty too. My favourite flavour is the chocolate peanut butter!
  • Danielle817
    Danielle817 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • sharonloraine
    sharonloraine Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    you can get all Quest flavors at GNC or on-line at GNC