Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I need an encouragement boost...

So, today the stationary bike broke (it is my granddads and is old as time) but I was still able to do the 30DS. The thing is, I've eaten some foods today that I made at home and don't really know the calorie content. I feel horrible because I don't know how many calories I've eaten really, and I feel even worst because I didn't get to burn my usual 700 calories :( I am contemplating doing the 30DS again right now, but I don't know if it will make me feel any better. I am going to a pot luck tonight (I am not going to eat anything) and I want to feel good.

Blegh. I am just scared the five pounds I've lost so far is going to creep back on me and I'll get discouraged.

Guess I just needed to let it out.

Replies

• djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    dont get discouraged youve already lost 5 pounds thats great! and one bad day wont kill you i still have days where i eat a whole large pizza and more and it doesnt matter much because its just one day! just dont make a habit out of having bad days. move one work hard and watch the weight fall off :)
  • lightdiva1
    lightdiva1 Posts: 935 Member
    An option is to look into the ingredients you used in the food you made. Guesstimate how much of each you consumed, and log that. That will give you a rough idea of how many calories you have eaten.

Option two is to just let it go. One day where your choices aren't as good or you eat more than you should, is not going to ruin this journey. TRUST ME, there is no cheating. This is a lifestyle, and if you want to eat 3500 calories in one and sit on your butt, you can. Just make smarter healthier choices the rest of the week.

I make room for pizza. I love pizza. I don't have ti every day, but I still eat it. All that gooey cheese and bread, and pork, and grease, yeah its a weakness. I let myself indulge every so often, and guess what, I have lost 27 pounds and am still losing weight.

One unhealthy day doesn't matter in the long run.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    If you made the food at home, use the recipe maker on here and calculate the calories there. I use it all the time. You have to take a few minutes to do this, but then you will know exactly how many calories you're eating. Things happen and there will always be setbacks, but just keep reaffirming your commitment to being healthy every single morning, no matter what happens that day. I've been doing that since July and I've lost 64lbs so far. Just take one day at a time and before you know it, you'll have kept off that 5 and will have lost 5 more!!
  • yasminortiz
    yasminortiz Posts: 6 Member
    Heres my advice: DO NOT LOOK BACK! On days like this>>> The only way to stay on track is to MOVE FORWARD!!! Be positive! My next meal will be healthier, ill take the cheese off, ill take the mayo off...etc,
    There is always the next right thing to do!!!! You need to really CHANGE your thought process. DONT EVEN GO THERE! Do not I repeat DO NOT allow your mind to go THERE<<<>>>>>>

Take the rest of the day easy and DO NOT beat yourself up. Make your next meal more fitting and appropriate to your body's healthy needs. Go for a walk outside if possible, think about what you want to look like in 3 months, how you want to feel about yourself, then make the next step the shifted step away from this day's discouragements.

I have done it, which is why I know. The only way to not go back to the old you is to Make a NEW you!!!!
  • yasminortiz
    yasminortiz Posts: 6 Member
    I have noticed that, I am always able to break down the food and enter anything I ate separately to configure the caloric content. Good Idea
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    If you don't have the boxes to figure out calories, see if someone has already entered caloric information for what you ate. I wouldn't stress about it. For the rest of the day just don't eat if you aren't hungry and if you get hungry stop eating when you are full. Also don't over exert yourself doing 30ds twice in a row. Enjoy your pot luck and have fun. 5 lbs is not going to come back after one day unless you eat 17,500 calories which I highly doubt.
  • karmahunger
    karmahunger Posts: 373 Member
    So, I forgot to add, I was eating as I was cooking. I just added up all the calories for what I made and the entire thing is 400 - it's a vegan curry pate. I'm still under my calorie limit for today. I guess I just feel bad because I haven't worked out as much, and I feel guilty still enjoying food.

Thanks everyone :) I always forget about the recipe thing! It saved the day!
  • susiemeri
    susiemeri Posts: 38 Member
    If you made the food at home, use the recipe maker on here and calculate the calories there. I use it all the time. You have to take a few minutes to do this, but then you will know exactly how many calories you're eating. Things happen and there will always be setbacks, but just keep reaffirming your commitment to being healthy every single morning, no matter what happens that day. I've been doing that since July and I've lost 64lbs so far. Just take one day at a time and before you know it, you'll have kept off that 5 and will have lost 5 more!!

Yep! Love the recipe maker here!
  • Cherp18
    Cherp18 Posts: 224 Member
    ^
    ^

Agreed. I try to add things separately if I can't find it here, but otherwise I do a 'quick add' and guess-timate. Don't beat yourself up over one 1/2 day, which may actually be ok. This is your life now, not just a diet :)

Have something healthy to fill you up before you go to the party, try to make good choices while there & have some FUN!!!

Congratulations on the 5 lb loss! We wanna hear it's 10 lbs next time you check in ;)

Cheers!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Heres my advice: DO NOT LOOK BACK! On days like this>>> The only way to stay on track is to MOVE FORWARD!!! Be positive! My next meal will be healthier, ill take the cheese off, ill take the mayo off...etc,
    There is always the next right thing to do!!!! You need to really CHANGE your thought process. DONT EVEN GO THERE! Do not I repeat DO NOT allow your mind to go THERE<<<>>>>>>

Take the rest of the day easy and DO NOT beat yourself up. Make your next meal more fitting and appropriate to your body's healthy needs. Go for a walk outside if possible, think about what you want to look like in 3 months, how you want to feel about yourself, then make the next step the shifted step away from this day's discouragements.

I have done it, which is why I know. The only way to not go back to the old you is to Make a NEW you!!!!

^^^ Ditto!!! On days like this, I like to think "U-Turn." If you are heading down a path that you don't like or is self-destructive, make a U-turn. It's never too late to make better choices.
  • hollydetra
    hollydetra Posts: 50 Member
    This may be a bit late ... Remember, you can do this. Remember why you started. And please please please do not be hard on yourself. You're making a huge change in your life, give yourself a break :)

You made a very good step - getting on here and sharing your feelings, rather than slinking back into the darkness. This place is so supportive, and so many people on here legitimately care about you and your health.

Please feel free to add me - the more support the better, I think :D

14sgti9.png