Tapout XT or Insanity??

Options
13»

Replies

• jaminimaj
    Options
    I just started Tapout XT today. Am trying to log my calories into MyFitnessPal app, and I can't find a chart to show the calories burned per workout anywhere. I wish MyFitnessPal would list popular workouts in their workout section.

Suppose I will need to buy a heartbeat/ calories watch, or do a bunch of math like you guys suggest :*(

24917399.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Jonnyoffthespot
    Options
    I did about two month of TapoutXT, and while I like the individual workouts, I thought the planning of it was just kind of thrown together like one of the previous posters mentioned. I've done P90X and Insanity all the way through, and Insanity is the only program that has really shown me massive results (went from 207 to 183, waist went from 39 inches to 35). The other thing I wasn't a fan of about Tapout was that I have gained weight (back to 192, though I know that some of that is muscle at least) and I never really feel that drained, exhausted feeling that I had while doing Insanity. That being said, I'm creating my own Insanity/TapoutXT hybrid 60 day workout. Hopefully the two of them combined will get me to my goal of being more cut.
  • ajboom
    Options
    i tried insanity and it was a good workout. However, it is hard on the joints. My knees started to hurt so I stopped using it. I've heard of others who stated the same thing about insanity.
  • reggiewu9
    Options
    Yes Jonnyoffthesp - that is what I'm concerned about - I've been doing Insanity for the last 8 months religiously and kind of ready to try something new - but I lost about 16 pounds with Insanity and I don't want to gain the weight back or gain any weight back. Has anyone else gone from Insanity to Tapout and gained weight back?
  • CLD79
    CLD79 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump
  • leedebter
    leedebter Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 60 days in Tapout and I love it.
  • paulieb729
    Options
    Hi All,

Very informative posts.

Here's a silly question, I'm on the 2nd floor of an apt building and I think all the jumping is not going to be helping my floor, nor my dishes. Nobody is below me so that's a plus...

Should I be concerned on any of these? I have done P90X before and I tried Insanity at a Friends house...but never did Tapout.

My goal is to loose my gut but keep my muscle, I am what you would call "off season" bodybuider shape but I do want strength and condition, taper up and keep the lean muscle
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Neither! I'm starting Les Mills Combat April 8th and can't wait! 11 types of MMA! Kick it baby!!
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the exact same thing today.
  • kirstiede
    Options
    I went from insanity to TapouT and I didn't gain weight but I did not lose any either.
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    So weird that this re-surfaced today. I am finishing up Week 6 of Les Mills Combat (LMC), and I am thinking of either a.) an LMC + Tapout XT hybrid or, b.) straight into Tapout XT. I actually looked on the Tapout XT site and some thorough reviews of the workouts, and have created a 90 day hybrid that alternates LMC and Tapout every other day. With the Ultimate Warrior kit, you would have enough to rotate to give a good balance of strength and interval-based training. I have just had so much fun with the LMC program that I don't want to let Dan and Rach go completely...at least for now...

I know there are some Insanity + LMC hybrid schedules out there, but I have a martial arts background and am loathe to give it up!
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Here's a TapouT XT and P90X 90 day hybrid someone posted on Dropbox.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/idx6pd78brtkx6r/P90X TapouT XT Hybrid Schedule.pdf
  • tiggern24
    tiggern24 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've never felt like I worked my abs too much with TapoutXT. When you do the 17 minute abs workout DVD, he pairs it with a workout that isn't ab intensive. And to quote Mike Karpenko, "If you want abs, you got to work them." The way he planned the workouts make sense to me and it got me the results I wanted. This saturday is the 90th day for me on TapoutXT and the end of the first round BUT I'm going to do another round!

I love TapouT XT!! I agree with the abs being important! I have completed the program twice and am now on XT2!! The extra abs are killer and paired nicely with workouts that aren't as intensive as the other dvds.
  • cdhops
    cdhops Posts: 5
    Options
    I have completed Tapout XT and Insanity. I got great results from both. But I preferred Tapout XT.
    I never got bored and I feel it has more strength building in it.

I did a review of Tapout at http://www.squidoo.com/tapout-xt-review-and-results-will-you-shred.

Now one thing you could do is do Tapout XT get the muscle growing and then follow it with Insanity.

Good Luck
  • pierreborg86
    pierreborg86 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Neither! I'm starting Les Mills Combat April 8th and can't wait! 11 types of MMA! Kick it baby!!

I was considering that but the instructor just seems too damned obnoxious.
  • yogi19270
    Options
    Just a question..... I have purchased tapout xt, thing is I love walking and the odd jog, so would it work for me to add 3-4 hour walks a week, we have a dog and I love being outside especially this time of year Summer is coming to the nz!
  • pierreborg86
    pierreborg86 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If you're not in any ankle pain after a workout it shouldn't be a problem