I Know I'm Gonna Be Attacked For This..

Options
But I don't drink water. Ever since I was young my parents would try to give me water and I'd just throw it up. Could it be a mental thing? Probably. To this day I despise water. I've been trying to dilute my drinks. 60% water, 40% natural cranberry juice. Can anyone be of help to me and tell me if diluting the drinks is a better idea than not doing at all? :(

Replies

• lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    WHUT? Not sure if serious?
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    have you tried green tea? or adding lemon or frozen fruit to your water for taste?
  • Gabi2591
    Gabi2591 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am serious! I haven't tried adding frozen fruit though.. Is there a certain amount of time I should let it sit in the water for, or is it something that's drinkable on the spot?

As far as tea goes, I barely taste anything. Perhaps I'm not making it correctly? I'm at a complete loss here lol, not trying to be difficult :/
  • daniellealys
    daniellealys Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I know of other people who cannot drink plain water. they add lemon or oranges or other fruits to their water. whatever you do, dont put sugar or any artificial sweetener in your water! also, deluding juice isnt a good idea either. most juices are full of sugar :( If I didnt like water I would drink TONS of iced tea (unsweet) and coffee! probably need to do decaf though so you dont bounce all over the place.
    curious...what do you drink when you workout if you cannot stand water?
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time drinking much plain water so I started putting a small handful of frozen fruit into the bottom of a sports bottle & fill up with water---shake it up a little---could put a few drops of stevia in it for sweetener. You can taste it a little right after putting it in but if you want to taste the fruit better you could let it sit for a little awhile in the fridge
  • Gabi2591
    Options
    My diluted cranberry juice. I would love to be able to just chug on water like every other person, at least I'd be healthier in that perspective. I guess what I'm trying to do is add more and more water to see if I can get used to it to the point where I won't need any juice.

But I will definitely put fruits in my drink tomorrow and I'll see how that goes :)
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    You can get/stay hydrated with pretty much any liquid. (Some have diuretic properties and are not ideal for hydrating like coffee but even then it is better than nothing.) Also fruits and vegetables have plenty of water. Adding some flavoring (crystal light, mio) might make water more tolerable for you. I rarely drink actual water (maybe 3 glasses a day) and haven't had any problems losing weight.
  • angelakreutzer
    Options
    My mother is 87, healthy as a horse, and she would go days without drinking water. She was born in Italy, moved here when she was five with obviously very Italian parents, who never drank water. I personally, drink voraciously all day, every day, but she is a testament to those who don't drink. I know that what works for one person can in no way alter what science has proven, but I was just trying to give you some encouragement.
  • Gabi2591
    Options
    You can get/stay hydrated with pretty much any liquid. (Some have diuretic properties and are not ideal for hydrating like coffee but even then it is better than nothing.) Also fruits and vegetables have plenty of water. Adding some flavoring (crystal light, mio) might make water more tolerable for you. I rarely drink actual water (maybe 3 glasses a day) and haven't had any problems losing weight.

Fruits are a big plus in my book. I love em. I actually have packs of the Crystal Light Pure, but began disliking them. The truvia sweetener is super strong for me (I buy the lemonade flavor). I've never tried mio though! How good is it?
  • Gabi2591
    Options
    My mother is 87, healthy as a horse, and she would go days without drinking water. She was born in Italy, moved here when she was five with obviously very Italian parents, who never drank water. I personally, drink voraciously all day, every day, but she is a testament to those who don't drink. I know that what works for one person can in no way alter what science has proven, but I was just trying to give you some encouragement.

Thank you :) I truly appreciate it!
  • CristinaL1983
    Options

Fruits are a big plus in my book. I love em. I actually have packs of the Crystal Light Pure, but began disliking them. The truvia sweetener is super strong for me (I buy the lemonade flavor). I've never tried mio though! How good is it?

I like it a lot. Some of the flavors are better than others and because you squeeze it in you can flavor it to taste. I don't find them very sweet unless I squeeze a bunch in. Also flavored carbonated waters are great. The ones that don't have sweeteners in them are my favorites. Perrier with lime or lemon or LaCroix with orange, you might try those to stay away from the sweetness.
  • Gabi2591
    Options

I like it a lot. Some of the flavors are better than others and because you squeeze it in you can flavor it to taste. I don't find them very sweet unless I squeeze a bunch in. Also flavored carbonated waters are great. The ones that don't have sweeteners in them are my favorites. Perrier with lime or lemon or LaCroix with orange, you might try those to stay away from the sweetness.

Thanks for the suggestions! In terms of the Mio, are they considered healthy enough to add to your drink? What are you favorite flavors?
  • CristinaL1983
    Options

Thanks for the suggestions! In terms of the Mio, are they considered healthy enough to add to your drink? What are you favorite flavors?

I'm not sure what you mean by healthy. They don't add anything valuable to your nutrition but they also aren't bad for you. (If that answers your question at all :0) ) I like the Orange Tangerine, Berry Pomegranate, Blueberry lemonade and one or two others (I usually pick up a variety just so I can change things up a bit)
  • symonspatrick
    symonspatrick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You are getting water in some form or you would not be alive. I hope you can continue to keep finding ways to stay hydrated. I add water to my coffee all the time just to get more water into my system so there is nothing wrong with watering down any drink you want like juice or milk if that is something you want to do. Lots of fruits and vegetables are full of water. Most if not all liquid drinks have water in them.
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I am serious! I haven't tried adding frozen fruit though.. Is there a certain amount of time I should let it sit in the water for, or is it something that's drinkable on the spot?

As far as tea goes, I barely taste anything. Perhaps I'm not making it correctly? I'm at a complete loss here lol, not trying to be difficult :/

What kind of tea are you using? My sister is a non-taster (which is kind of hilarious, given that she has a baking degree), and because of her weak sense of taste she favours teas like chai masala, which have a lot of spices in them, and she steeps them for hours. I don't recommend steeping them that long at first, though, because if you have a stronger sense of taste than her your tastebuds are likely to fall off in self-defense :laugh:

If there is a Teavana in your area, or you're in their delivery area, she favours their White Ayurvedic Chai and their Samurai Chai. It seems like a lot of tea shops do samples now, or you can order a cup of one of their teas to try it before buying the leaves. Ask for something with a strong flavour.

But really, so long as you're drinking any liquid, you're getting water in you. I've heard a good way to determine if you're getting enough water is the colour of your urine - it should be fairly pale.
  • UnicornRides
    Options
    Maybe invest in a juicer and just drink pure, natural water found in fruits and veggies? I mean, that's if you're truly seeking some kind of water. Otherwise, just keep course with healthy liquids. Water is in nearly everything, already.
  • UnicornRides
    Options
    You are getting water in some form or you would not be alive. I hope you can continue to keep finding ways to stay hydrated. I add water to my coffee all the time just to get more water into my system so there is nothing wrong with watering down any drink you want like juice or milk if that is something you want to do. Lots of fruits and vegetables are full of water. Most if not all liquid drinks have water in them.

"I add water to my coffee, all the time.."

For some reason, I just imagined you eating the coffee grounds/beans dry! Took me a second to realize you add water to already brewed coffee, haha!
  • enantiodromia
    Options
    How about seltzer water? I find plain ol' water pretty boring unless it is ice water after a day of hiking in the heat, but I go through seltzer water like mad because I love the bubbles.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I'd say suck it up. You are a big girl, I'm sure you can manage it. I don't know anyone that LOVES water, but you have to drink it.
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    i drink diet soda all day everyday. has not/does not affect my weight loss